What is Unique About YOU?
Last Saturday in Manager's Course Class, we were given a task to introduce and tell something unique about ourselves in 20 seconds. I immediately started thinking of things which makes me unique and it made me realize, ang hirap ng task na ito!
In all fairness, I initially thought that I should mention how I am absolutely in love with cooking. Pero dahil na pressure ako, I just went with the usual uhhh, kind of weird stuff about myself that I do not want to mention here because my mother might read it (hahaha!) Ok, fine. So maybe I have mentioned that I burp really loud for a girl, and perhaps I also said that I'm a BS Geography graduate who sucks at directions. I thought it was interesting and cute to a certain degree but who am I kidding, dude? Really? In business class, Len? I honestly thought it would set me apart from the rest (well it did because I made myself look like a freak hahaha)
At the end of the everyone's introduction, our professor told us, "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our first topic today... MARKETING, and your introductions were how you marketed yourself to the class."
In my head, I was banging my head badly on the table, while laughing hysterically at myself because I just marketed myself as a walang kwenta. Well, unique nga pinagsasabi ko but if my classmates and I were asked to form teams right then and there basing from our introduction to each other, I wonder who would get me as a group member? What can a girl who burps loud and gets lost easily contribute to a group except for.. entertainment? Hahaha
Kidding aside, the simple exercise made me think, "how do I want other people to perceive me? How should I market myself? In what way? What strength should I highlight?" This exercise is also a rude awakening on finding my SELF and what I want to do with your life. If I know myself well, I can easily answer this question with confidence and without a doubt.
But right now, I just really think of myself as the burp girl who sucks at directions.
Hay, maturity... when are you coming!? :D
In all fairness, I initially thought that I should mention how I am absolutely in love with cooking. Pero dahil na pressure ako, I just went with the usual uhhh, kind of weird stuff about myself that I do not want to mention here because my mother might read it (hahaha!) Ok, fine. So maybe I have mentioned that I burp really loud for a girl, and perhaps I also said that I'm a BS Geography graduate who sucks at directions. I thought it was interesting and cute to a certain degree but who am I kidding, dude? Really? In business class, Len? I honestly thought it would set me apart from the rest (well it did because I made myself look like a freak hahaha)
At the end of the everyone's introduction, our professor told us, "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our first topic today... MARKETING, and your introductions were how you marketed yourself to the class."
In my head, I was banging my head badly on the table, while laughing hysterically at myself because I just marketed myself as a walang kwenta. Well, unique nga pinagsasabi ko but if my classmates and I were asked to form teams right then and there basing from our introduction to each other, I wonder who would get me as a group member? What can a girl who burps loud and gets lost easily contribute to a group except for.. entertainment? Hahaha
Kidding aside, the simple exercise made me think, "how do I want other people to perceive me? How should I market myself? In what way? What strength should I highlight?" This exercise is also a rude awakening on finding my SELF and what I want to do with your life. If I know myself well, I can easily answer this question with confidence and without a doubt.
But right now, I just really think of myself as the burp girl who sucks at directions.
Hay, maturity... when are you coming!? :D

Comments
Post a Comment