Cookies and Cream Cheese Cupcakes!

When I feel like the world is being too cruel, I drop everything I do, take out my apron and head straight to the kitchen. There are a lot of people who take out a cigarette and puff the frustration away. Some call their friends and beg for a drinking spree. But me, I take out my stand mixer and bake.

Baking really does so many magical things in my universe. It fixes, mends and heals my broken heart (being heart broken does not only imply the romantic kind, one must remember that). It makes my frown turn upside down. There is a great satisfaction, one that cannot be put into words, when my end product makes someone contented and full. Seeing all these process strips me of my confusions, emotional rants in life. :)

My brother financed my baking needs this weekend. I had a Php 1,000.00 (roughly $21.00) budget. I wanted to bake something not too sweet, because my brother is not fond of too sweet desserts. I instantly thought of Martha Stewart when I knew I CANNOT SCREW UP BAKING because it's not my money on the line here. What do we expect from Martha Stewart recipes? Standard greatness. It is like you're a big fool if you mess up the recipe. Imagine this is my first time try the Cookies and Cream Cheese Cupcake recipe and the outcome was divine!!

For the people interested in viewing the recipe and procedure, I got the recipe here.




Strangely enough, American Heritage cream cheese is cheaper than a local brand called Magnolia. Magnolia, for me, is not up to my standard when it comes to baking. I was pleased to find out that American Heritage, although cheaper than Magnolia and Philadelphia Cheese, tastes so good. Good that I tried it together with Philadelphia because they almost taste the same. They also are similar texture wise. People on budget, go for American Heritage. It has my stamp of approval.


A whole Oreo as a bottom crust? Hell yes!
The cupcakes will rise and will fall/deflate once you take them out of the oven. It's normal, don't panic. :)
I cheated :( You are supposed to refrigerate the cupcakes for 4 hours before serving them. I took a little bite because, come on, can you help NOT to take a bite of that luscious cupcake?! You tell me.

After four hours in the fridge, they finally set. The Oreo filling is pink because I used the strawberry flavored Oreos! :) Nice combo for the cheesecake, too!

I hope everyone had a stress-free Monday!

or

I hope everyone will have a stress-free Monday (for those readers continents apart from mine) (*.*,)

P.S. Aside from the pretty cupcakes, here, another pretty dress. The thing with  pretty dresses (like pretty cupcakes) is that it almost feels like a sin to wear them (or eat them, in the case of cupcakes).

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy!!!! <3 And tis a pretty dress, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. linking you on my blog now babe:)

    check out my daily reads section and show some love by leaving comments..


    xoxo
    ♥ poisepolish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, Len those look delicious! I want one NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!! You sold me on those. I think I will make them for my crazy mother when she comes to visit! They look soooooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made these? Waah... too bad the bakery is already closed up downstairs!

    Thank you for the sweet comments, really!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I want one now!!! These look soooo yummy hunnie!!
    And COurtney Cox? YOu think so? lol....

    Have a Fantastic Day!!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! these look soo yummy...it's funny cuz i just ate like 3 orea cookies and now i wish i had cream cheese with me. my mom and i love american heritage too..plus they have the kind with lesser fat and cholesterol..:D i gotta try this recipe!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream | POLKA DRESS giveway this way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cupcakes look amazingly delicious...I wish I could reach through the computer screen, grab one, and take a bite! :D I am definitely going to try that recipe sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these are such cool cupcakes! Love the florls. Your posts are always so cheerful and entertaining! You make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness... I just drooled on myself! Those cupcakes look sinful! hehe :) And that dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OREO as a crust? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. nomnomnom. Such amazing captures of the yummy treat too. <3

    I quite adore the dress as well. A very classy addition to your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ore as a crust,what a brilliant idea.
    I'm putting some of these photos on my tumblr
    stylishlittlecamerawhore.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, those cookies look heavenly! I have such a sweet tooth, they would be perfect for me hehe. And to answer your queston- My hair is naturally curly/wavy. A trick I do use though, is to straighten the ends of my hair so it is less kinky and more wavy. It also makes it look longer :)
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey lovely ladies! Thank you all so much for the comments! You have to try the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhh cheesecake is my FAVORITE!! This looks amazinggg...I want to make it. So badly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sooo mouthwatering. Seriously, you're killing me. I had to chew on something after looking at the photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts