News Worth Panicking About, New Series and Boy Crush
"MANILA, Philippines - A customs official said the national government could easily earn P700 million if a tax scheme on “smuggled” secondhand clothes is implemented."
"In an interview over dzMM, Commissioner Angelito Alvarez shared that enforcing a 10% to 12% duty for secondhand clothes can generate millions in revenues as the smuggling of clothes has become a full-blown operation in the country." (View rest of the article here)
I am currently hoarding as much clothes (those that are usable for the future of course) as I can. It's scary that I could just wake up one day and see prices sky rocket in thrift shops.. What a nightmare that would be :(
I didn't feel like posting a whole body shot for a *more formal* outfit post today. Shots are a little bit ugly, just like the photo above. I had to edit it because the picture came out too dark. Also, I know the shot is a tad bit grainy or noisy. Must be my adjustment with the light and contrast. In short, no decent outfit shots today! Maybe some self-gratuitous photos in the last part of this post :D
SO, I GOT THE CHANCE TO WATCH GLEE SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 AND IT WAS AWESOME! I love Rachel Barry aka Lea Michele. I don't care if the rumors are true that she is a primadonna/hard to work with. I love her and she is really pretty even though a lot of people say she has big nose. I also love her character's fashion philosophy in Glee. :)
Charice Pempengco was.. well, she could have done better with the acting though. Today I realized that Charice really has a big face. I mean her face was huge compared to Lea's.
I laughed uncontrollably in the scene where Rachel and Sunshine Corazon (Charice) had a mini duet face off in the comfort room/restroom. And I love this particular dialogue from Rachel, soooo hilarious:
____________
Rachel: Oh hello. I couldn't help but notice you admiring me yesterday at the courtyard.
Sunshine: Uhhh, what?
Rachel: Oh, you don't speak English. You. like. me. sing. You. like. me. sing. very. much.
Sunshine: uhmm.. I can totally speak English.
Rachel: I even did a little research on you. You're a foreign exchange student named Sunshine Corazon because you are from the Philippines where it's sunny everyday.
Sunshine: Except for the monsoons.
_____________
Rachel: Ladies, we have a problem. There is new student at this school named Sunshine who is a Filipino and is shorter than me.. which I didn't think was possible and is very unnerving.
_____________
Moving on, 90210 Season 3 is also something to watch out for. I haven't watched the last few episodes in season 2 but it's easy to pick up the pieces in the first episodes in Season 3. There is a new guy there named Blair Redford. He is now a guy crush. He has a sexy British accent, too. That is always a plus. :)
I guess I am not having a haircut too soon after all. I learned this the hard way and good thing I remembered: never do decide on ANYTHING when you are PMS-ing. True story.
The next coming days are "Blast from the Past" kind of related-post. I have always wondered what I exactly wrote in my other blog last year. I bet I was a much bitter person back then.
Have a great day everyone! Make sure to download Glee tonight! OR WATCH GLEE ONLINE HERE!
PS The boy in the last post is not my boyfriend. But we do get that a lot though. :
I absolutely love Glee's version of Empire State of Mind!
"In an interview over dzMM, Commissioner Angelito Alvarez shared that enforcing a 10% to 12% duty for secondhand clothes can generate millions in revenues as the smuggling of clothes has become a full-blown operation in the country." (View rest of the article here)
I AM PANICKING. Seriously, I don't know how to cope when thrift shops are priced the same as brand new clothes. It's not that I can't afford new clothes it's just that I am a very practical person. I would hate to spend a thousand bucks just for one, (ONE for crying out loud!) one piece of clothing when I can buy like 10 pieces of clothes for a thousand bucks! Do you follow me on this?
I am currently hoarding as much clothes (those that are usable for the future of course) as I can. It's scary that I could just wake up one day and see prices sky rocket in thrift shops.. What a nightmare that would be :(
I didn't feel like posting a whole body shot for a *more formal* outfit post today. Shots are a little bit ugly, just like the photo above. I had to edit it because the picture came out too dark. Also, I know the shot is a tad bit grainy or noisy. Must be my adjustment with the light and contrast. In short, no decent outfit shots today! Maybe some self-gratuitous photos in the last part of this post :D
SO, I GOT THE CHANCE TO WATCH GLEE SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 AND IT WAS AWESOME! I love Rachel Barry aka Lea Michele. I don't care if the rumors are true that she is a primadonna/hard to work with. I love her and she is really pretty even though a lot of people say she has big nose. I also love her character's fashion philosophy in Glee. :)
Charice Pempengco was.. well, she could have done better with the acting though. Today I realized that Charice really has a big face. I mean her face was huge compared to Lea's.
I laughed uncontrollably in the scene where Rachel and Sunshine Corazon (Charice) had a mini duet face off in the comfort room/restroom. And I love this particular dialogue from Rachel, soooo hilarious:
____________
Rachel: Oh hello. I couldn't help but notice you admiring me yesterday at the courtyard.
Sunshine: Uhhh, what?
Rachel: Oh, you don't speak English. You. like. me. sing. You. like. me. sing. very. much.
Sunshine: uhmm.. I can totally speak English.
Rachel: I even did a little research on you. You're a foreign exchange student named Sunshine Corazon because you are from the Philippines where it's sunny everyday.
Sunshine: Except for the monsoons.
_____________
Rachel: Ladies, we have a problem. There is new student at this school named Sunshine who is a Filipino and is shorter than me.. which I didn't think was possible and is very unnerving.
_____________
Moving on, 90210 Season 3 is also something to watch out for. I haven't watched the last few episodes in season 2 but it's easy to pick up the pieces in the first episodes in Season 3. There is a new guy there named Blair Redford. He is now a guy crush. He has a sexy British accent, too. That is always a plus. :)
I guess I am not having a haircut too soon after all. I learned this the hard way and good thing I remembered: never do decide on ANYTHING when you are PMS-ing. True story.
The next coming days are "Blast from the Past" kind of related-post. I have always wondered what I exactly wrote in my other blog last year. I bet I was a much bitter person back then.
Have a great day everyone! Make sure to download Glee tonight! OR WATCH GLEE ONLINE HERE!
PS The boy in the last post is not my boyfriend. But we do get that a lot though. :
I absolutely love Glee's version of Empire State of Mind!


Hey Len!
ReplyDeleteHave you figured out how to imbed a link in your comment yet? If not e-mail me at molesm@tc.gc.ca and I'll forward you the code!
xox,
ML
WOOHOO I love Glee!!!! :D Cute blog love!! xo
ReplyDeletehttp://time-is-fleeting.blogspot.com
that is indeed awful, it will ruin the whole idea of vintage shops.xx
ReplyDeletehttp://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/
Acccck, theyve been wanting to tax secondhand clothes for the longest time but nothing ever comes out of it. I hope they never do! I used to feel guilty cos theyre supposed to be relief goods but I feel guiltier spending 1000+ pesos on a dress!
ReplyDeleteI stopped watching 90210, IDK why =/ I really liked it, too. I think Annie got a bit too much for me in season 2 so I stopped. I love Naomi <3
Helga! I think season 3 is better. I love Silver and this Blair Redford guy is scorching hot.
ReplyDeletecrap!!! not the ukay-ukays!!! noooooo!
ReplyDelete