A Dainty Outfit + Thrift Shopping Tips
Have I told you I am in love with skirts? Yes? Like a million times already? I know! I owe Kit the beautiful dainty red balloon skirt! She has an online shop you might want to look at. She sells really pretty and nice pieces there. :) Also, you might want to look at her particular blog where, *ahem yours truly* was featured. (*.*,) She calls this segment of her blog "Featured Ukay Shopper".
Let us admit one fact, thrift shopping is not a walk in a park. It is often daunting, intimidating and frustrating. If the fate decided to side with you one particular thrift shopping trip, then you'll have a guaranteed precious gem of finds at the end of the day. Most of the time, it could get real frustrating because there aren't any thing good in that thrift store you frequent. So, here are tips for you newbie thrift shoppers to be more successful in your thrift shopping:
1) Make sure you have a list of clothes you want to buy. By having a list, you exactly know what you are looking for in a sea of clothes. It is favored if you be more specific. For example, I have the following as my next target finds at thrift shops: black & white stripes tank top, floral blouse, floral skirt etc etc
2) Be patient. It pays to go through each rack! It could be tiring but it is also exciting!
3) Check out the material and the color. Make sure you check each and every inch of the clothes you plan to buy. If the color is faded, it's not worth it to buy anymore.
4) Try it on. Don't rely on your guts when it comes to clothes. You need to try it on otherwise you will be wasting your money.
5) Learn the art of haggling. The give you a good price if you haggle like a pro. :)
6) Be adventurous! Don't stick to one thrift shop! You'll end up seeing the same clothes you saw a month back. It takes thrift shops a long time to replenish another set of clothes to sell.
More thrift shopping tips I would inject now and then in future posts!
Random fact about Len: her skin is really really dry and she really doesn't like her legs.
| White top from American Eagle Outfitters; Red dainty skirt from Kit; Brown shoes from mom (Aerosoles), Brown bag from Coach |
1) Make sure you have a list of clothes you want to buy. By having a list, you exactly know what you are looking for in a sea of clothes. It is favored if you be more specific. For example, I have the following as my next target finds at thrift shops: black & white stripes tank top, floral blouse, floral skirt etc etc
2) Be patient. It pays to go through each rack! It could be tiring but it is also exciting!
3) Check out the material and the color. Make sure you check each and every inch of the clothes you plan to buy. If the color is faded, it's not worth it to buy anymore.
4) Try it on. Don't rely on your guts when it comes to clothes. You need to try it on otherwise you will be wasting your money.
5) Learn the art of haggling. The give you a good price if you haggle like a pro. :)
6) Be adventurous! Don't stick to one thrift shop! You'll end up seeing the same clothes you saw a month back. It takes thrift shops a long time to replenish another set of clothes to sell.
More thrift shopping tips I would inject now and then in future posts!
Random fact about Len: her skin is really really dry and she really doesn't like her legs.


Thankyou so much for your lovely comment girl! I love your blog and this outfit is so simple and sweet. White and red is so good. Hope you're well. xo
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! So glad you stopped by so I could find your blog! Thanks for the thrifting tips, I find I always get overwhelmed when I go so this is great advice! I'm a follower now:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment! Stop by again:)
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/
The bag is amaazing! I'm in love!
ReplyDeleteHi Kate, Kirstin and Ella! Thank you all so much for visiting my site :3 I am super flattered celebrity bloggers such as yourself took the time to read my post. :)
ReplyDeleteThis outfit is SO lovely! The skirt is amazing...it looks great on you :) I'm so glad you posted these thrifting tips. I've tried thrifting countless times and have only succeeded in finding items only once or twice...it gets really frustrating, but I think over time I'll develop a better eye for discovering good finds!
ReplyDeleteAlso, sorry I've taken forever and day to respond to your comment from the beginning of August! I don't have a consistent photographer for my blog - I use various friends and I've recently just started using a tripod + remote. When I'm home & not at college, however, my friend Michael usually takes my pictures (he's amazing!).
I'm so glad I just saw your comment & found your blog....I love it!
Very pretty Len! Thanks for linking me, your such a sweety. ... just so, I've also had a really difficult time photographing myself. There's even this time where I use my foot to click the shutter. The pictures came out okay though, bet you can't tell which photos are foot assisted! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat tips and skirt :)
ReplyDeleteKit: You are most welcome! :) And also, WELCOME TO BLOGSPOT! :)
ReplyDeleteRebecca: Thank you! And more thrift shopping tips again!
Paper Constellations: Thanks darling! I posted a looong comment on your blog. Why can't I find your name on your blog? :(