Weekend Cooking
Cooked: Roasted Chicken slathered with Herb Butter, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Marinara Sauce w/ Black and Green Olives and Buttered Baguio Beans and Baby Corn
I sort of have a sideline stint which doesn't pay much: I teach people how to cook, provided they pay for all the ingredients which will be used in the recipe they want to learn. You may pay me some sort of thank you in the form of TF (talent fee, very minimal) or coffee/food/clothes.
I already have four students under my wings. Four students who believe in me (FOOLZ!!!!) mwehehehe
More on food-related things, I have so many books that I want to buy over at Amazon!!
1) Consuming Geographies: We are Where We Eat- a book who I met from my under grad school. We met that one fateful day where I was close to thinking my thesis was a complete hopeless case. That there is no source, an article, a goddemn book that will provide me concrete, straight facts about food in a geographical perspective. Stubborn, I went to the mainlib and typed the following keywords: food, geography, where, home, consumerism. And there, the heaven came shining down its light of hope and I wasted no time to go where it was located and, maybe, cried when I found and held the book in my arms. Fell in love with it so much I had several attempts of stealing it from the library.
2) Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think- interesting facts about how the environment consistently molds our decision when it comes to food.
3) Women Food and God- because I saw this (the author of the book) featured on Oprah's show and the book made Oprah cry. It's intriguing to know how common and basic a food is for survival, some people have tendencies to overeat and be obsessed about eating food for comfort -- like how a drug addict needs shots of what drug to ease the pain. How deceptive these mediums are for comforting the pain, the hurt; when people are too afraid to face the pain and the problem itself without taking drug--in this case, eating. Food is so basic, and yet so life threatening at the same time.
The dark part of the human brain is just so very fascinating. Currently reading Shooting the Heart by Paul Cody and in just one day, I am half way through.



Comments
Post a Comment