It has been a week since the
Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 event and all I can say is... I am definitely attending the event next year!
The event was what I envisioned it to be. There were basically 50 food suppliers all lined up with bite-size samples of food for you to taste. 50 different food you have to TRY and eat! (well, you can choose what to really eat, but there is no point of going there if you don't try all of them! but I'm a loser so...) Since I was thinking of my health that night, (nah, I was really a loser) I think I only tasted a few. Maybe around 15 or so foodstuff. I didn't know I'd get so full early on. I was kind of disappointed at myself :(
What I like about the event is the fact you play an important role here. Aside from having an idea of new food discoveries, you also have the power to rate them according to WHAT YOU THINK. See that? My opinion matters! It almost felt like being a judge in Iron Chef America :D
Photos!
 |
| Mini Pulled beef sandwiches by Hearty Onion |
 |
| Green Tea infused Pastries by Sweet Life |
 |
| Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake by Sweet Finale (a favorite) |
 |
| French Macarons by Christa's Kitchen |
 |
| Hungarian Goulash by Mother Lee's Home Cooking |
 |
| Espresso Kahlua Cake atpb by Kitchen ala Ching |
 |
| Homemade Pork with Shrimp Siomai by Chef Lolly's Kitchen. MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE! |
 |
| Cakes from Pot-hole the Pastry Connection :) |
 |
| Dundee 'Kroko' ALL Meat SisigDundee; 'Kroko' ALL Meat Express by Hero Sausage. I have to say that exotic meat tastes like chicken |
 |
| Snow Ice from OctoInfinity Foods. A cold dessert fix for dieters! |
 |
| Lechon Sisig from Pepita's Kitchen |
 |
| Roast Pork from Fortune Empire |
Other heavenly food not captured in photo :(
Note to self: if attending these events, make sure to starve yourself for a day. Seriously.
I ate a generous helping of soft-served yogurt before the event and strangely, it made me half-full! This is a big mistake because then I didn't get to try the other food I was so excited to taste :( And now I'm hungry and energized to eat ALL 50 foodstuff but it's all over. :((
Anyway, for all of us attending the event next year, I think this is a procedure we must do to be great critics:
1) Get a sample from two or three food suppliers
2) Make absolutely sure to make a mental note on what food and from what food supplier you got the sample
3) Take the samples to the table and make yourself comfortable. You need to savor the flavor for you to critic the food well
4) Make sure you don't only rate them but also comment. If you think they have to improve the food, then say it there. Politely, of course :)
5) Repeat steps 1-4
6) Take a break from eating every now and then because it can get tiring (yes, eating a lot of food in one night is tiring. but I am not complaning :D )
7) If you have friends with you, it would be fun to discuss how you felt about the food. Talking about food is ALWAYS fun.
FRIENDS, let us NOT MISS this event next year!
isama mo ako next time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a really cool post....Looks like alot of fun...and alot of food, lol
ReplyDeleteStop by and say Hello ♥
Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway
so many delicious food!
ReplyDeletegreat post, btw thank you for visiting my blog!
just check out my new post! take care
stainsintheuniform.blogspot.com
hi... the cake you tagged from luxe by goldilocks is actually from Pot-Hole the Pastry Connection...
ReplyDeletedelicious food delicious food :) love it!
ReplyDeleteall of that food looks so so so incredibly good! I love anything bite size, that way you can eat so much more!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun, and where there's food there's always fun.lol.
ReplyDeletehttp://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com
my brother would have loved this - im vegetarian, but he's a big foodie! check out his blog: www.viveksepicureanadventures.com
ReplyDeletestayfabulous,
zarna
www.zarnasrunway.com
French Macarons. Not French Macaroons. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks anonymous, I can get the two interchanged.
ReplyDeleteluscious cakes from pot hole the pastry connection.
ReplyDelete