Grocery Finds!
Stuff I saw and bought at Rustan's Supermarket - EDSA Shangrila Mall:
1) Arizona Virgin Cocktail Pina Colada
Price: P61.50
Size: 591 ml
It's a non-alcoholic Pina Colada Drink. The packaging quite did it for me, just look at how pretty it is! However, I'm not so ecstatic about the taste. I know I have a weird sense of taste but this one is really blah. Too sweet, too watery and it has bits of solified coconut milk, which is yucky because it's kinda oily. Anyway, I think you should try it, don't let my opinion hinder you from buying this stuff.
I think it tastes better with a dash or two of Boracay Rum. Oh also, they have other flavors like Mango and Watermelon.
2) 1853 Kettle Cooked Potato Chips BBQ Flavor
Price: P132.00
Net Weight: 8.5 oz
Now, this potato chip is really awesome. What I like about it most is it's fairly cheap. Compared to other brands of kettle cooked potato chips priced at P132.00 (or even more), you get more serving with 1853 with the same price. I would have wanted the Original flavor but BBQ is the only available flavor. Super crispy, big potato chip sizes, worth your junk food money.
For everyone wondering what's the difference between Kettle Chips and regular Potato Chips here is my opinion.
1) Size of chips: kettle chips are thicker than regular potato chips; potato chips are sliced thinner.
2) Cooking method: kettle chips are sometimes double fried (recipe here) or fried in small batches in a pan filled wit a higher temperature oil (around 350 degrees). The reason why only a few pieces of potato chips are dropped in is to prevent the oil temp to decrease. They cook quicker and becomes crispier, too.
Regular potato chips are cooked in big quantities all at once, resulting to the decrease of oil temperature. That's why reg potato chips are less crispy and more oily (because they absorb more oil) than kettle chips.
1) Arizona Virgin Cocktail Pina Colada
Price: P61.50
Size: 591 ml
![]() |
| Source |
I think it tastes better with a dash or two of Boracay Rum. Oh also, they have other flavors like Mango and Watermelon.
2) 1853 Kettle Cooked Potato Chips BBQ Flavor
Price: P132.00
Net Weight: 8.5 oz
Now, this potato chip is really awesome. What I like about it most is it's fairly cheap. Compared to other brands of kettle cooked potato chips priced at P132.00 (or even more), you get more serving with 1853 with the same price. I would have wanted the Original flavor but BBQ is the only available flavor. Super crispy, big potato chip sizes, worth your junk food money.
For everyone wondering what's the difference between Kettle Chips and regular Potato Chips here is my opinion.
1) Size of chips: kettle chips are thicker than regular potato chips; potato chips are sliced thinner.
2) Cooking method: kettle chips are sometimes double fried (recipe here) or fried in small batches in a pan filled wit a higher temperature oil (around 350 degrees). The reason why only a few pieces of potato chips are dropped in is to prevent the oil temp to decrease. They cook quicker and becomes crispier, too.
Regular potato chips are cooked in big quantities all at once, resulting to the decrease of oil temperature. That's why reg potato chips are less crispy and more oily (because they absorb more oil) than kettle chips.






Comments
Post a Comment