Cream Puffs Version 1.0


Don't they just look so adorable? These little puffy brown choux pastry fresh from the oven?

It definitely looks like I nailed making choux pastry at the first attempt... but there is always room for improvement. Let us call this Len's Cream Puffs Version 1.0!

I followed Steamy Kitchen's recipe for the choux pastry and got the custard mixture recipe from Happy Home Maker! (click the link for details!)

The reason why I call my choux pastry a bit of a  failure is because I piped them the wrong way. Mine didn't puff as much as it should/could because of my piping technique.


Aside from the incorrect piping technique, the oven temperature was too high so I had to stop baking the choux pastry 10 minutes before the total time it should be baking in the oven. The result was that my pastry was softer and browner than the usual.


Regardless of the baking mishaps, these cream puffs were so good everyone in the house ate them in one sitting. Yeay!

Comments

Popular Posts