Happy New Year and Guess Who's Back!!
I am so ashamed of myself. But before I go on scolding myself in front of everyone, let me greet you a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR! So, what's the 411? What was your Christmas and New Year like?
Anyway, like I said, I feel ashamed for abandoning this blog for over a month. I blame the ridiculously slow internet connection at the office and at home. The sites I could only open were my e-mail and Facebook. Bleh
A lot of yummy thing has happened, and to make up for that, how about Homemade Ice Cream? That's right. Homemade, y'all. And meet Bubu, the ice cream maker, a.k.a Joey's gift a.k.a our second child. We treat the appliances we buy as our kids. Our first child was Matrix... he's a water heater with the brand name called Matrix (so much for being creative)
Made the following ice cream flavors for Christmas (using the no ice cream maker method): Graham Cinnamon Ice Cream and Caramel Pili Nut w/ Caramel Cupcake Chunks Ice Cream!
I made the classic Cookies and Cream flavor with Bubu, which my nephew helped me with (totally cute!!), and Matcha Green Tea. Bubu the ice cream maker bothers me though, it doesn't freeze the ice cream mixture well enough to be likened to the consistency of a soft served ice cream. All I got was a slushy texture, then I had to freeze the mixture to harden. Oh well. I think the mixture has to be cool, if not, at least cold enough so it freezes well in the ice cream maker. I'll try that next time.
Anyway, like I said, I feel ashamed for abandoning this blog for over a month. I blame the ridiculously slow internet connection at the office and at home. The sites I could only open were my e-mail and Facebook. Bleh
A lot of yummy thing has happened, and to make up for that, how about Homemade Ice Cream? That's right. Homemade, y'all. And meet Bubu, the ice cream maker, a.k.a Joey's gift a.k.a our second child. We treat the appliances we buy as our kids. Our first child was Matrix... he's a water heater with the brand name called Matrix (so much for being creative)
![]() |
| Sorry guys, still not saying bye bye to putting stupid hearts and whatnot on my face |
I am so in love with making Homemade Ice Cream during the holidays, so in love I wouldn't mind if people start to notice me getting bigger (I still wish I wasn't). First I tried making ice cream using the no ice cream maker method. Found the recipe at Kevin and Amanda's site. A no brainer recipe for homemade ice cream without the hassle and the machine! SUCCESS! Whipped cream and condensed milk is such a wonderful, brilliant idea because:
a) it freezes quite fast (although melts as fast too)
b) hassle free, only machine you need is a hand mixer for whipping the cream
c) YUMMY
Made the following ice cream flavors for Christmas (using the no ice cream maker method): Graham Cinnamon Ice Cream and Caramel Pili Nut w/ Caramel Cupcake Chunks Ice Cream!
I have other flavors in mind that I've concocted carefully in my head...
-Coffee with Brownie Chunks Ice Cream
-Apple Pie Filling Ice Cream
-Kahlua Oreo Ice Cream
Heh, let's see.
If you could make an Ice Cream Flavor, what would it be? A suggestion from you would be nice! :)
And capping this ever boring blogpost about ice cream with my face (kidding, ice cream is NEVER a boring topic okay)
And capping this ever boring blogpost about ice cream with my face (kidding, ice cream is NEVER a boring topic okay)



Comments
Post a Comment