Back Tracks: College Blues a.k.a Math and Statistics Was a Living Hell!
WHO GOT DELAYED FROM GRADUATING COLLEGE BECAUSE OF MATH AND STATISTICS?! PLEASE RAISE YOUR HAND!!
I can see a lot of you did. Yeap, yeap. It was a bitter sweet challenge for all of us but we did survive it all, didn't we? I thought I'd share a blog of mine when I was cursing math and statistics as electives a.k.a no-you-can't-NOT-graduate-without-passing-math11-math14-math100-and-statistics101 in college. I seriously wanted to burn down Math Building on January 31, 2008. I even blogged about it then:
________________
Kinakabahan na ako... I'm not two days delayed, one week delayed or even a month delayed... I'm one fckn year delayed from graduating!
Yeah. It sucks. But it's "in". Ang dami-dami kayang hindi gruma-graduate on time. Dahil sa maraming rason. Isa na dun ang statistics (at hindi mawawala ang math syempre). Sa sobrang pagka-bored ko, nakagawa na ako ng mathematical equation tungkol dito:
statistics + katamaran = singko
or
stistics + katamaran + singko = suicide
gawin nating komplikado:
statistics + math 11 + math 14 + math 17+ math 100 + thesis = 100 years delayed = 100 years of hell
or pwedeng ganito ka-simple:
statistics + math 11 + math 14 + math 17+ math 100 + thesis = pakamatay ka nalang
Isa sa mga subject na 'yan ang magiging rason sa tuluyan kong pagka-delay. Delayed na nga, madedelay pa lalo.
Goooosh. Kung trabaho lang ang pag-aaral, ang yaman ko na siguro dahil sa pag-oover time ko. Sipag diba. Hahaha.
Hindi ko ma-gets kung bakit kailangan pag-aralan ang mga math mentioned above. I mean, duh, ma-aapply ko ba siya sa pang-araw araw na buhay ko. Hindi. Exactly. Siguro ang misyon ng mga teachers na ito ay gawing miserable ang buhay ng mga studyante. And take note, they seem to be really enjoying it. (heehee sorry!!)
Next sem, susunugin ko ang Math Building. Sinong gustong tumulong?
_______________
Samahan pa natin ng poem ng ginawa ko ng March 4, 2008:
Started on my academic papers, I have not
By this time, I guess I should be doing a lot
Number by number, formulas I could not even recall
Could this be my semester's downfall?
I'd do anything within my power not to fail
Where is my muse to help me prevail?
Two weeks to go and not one requirement accomplished
I want to graduate next year and not a year more damn it!!!!!!
Gosh, I am so darn poetic *sarcasm* With all these being said, I miss my college friends!!! :(
PS
For college students who happen to read this, MATH AND STATISTICS are just a miniscule of a problem of what you are about to face in REAL LIFE! Be ready for it! Pero naiintindihan kita. Okay lang 'yan. Nandyan ang Math at kung anu pang lechugas na subject para ihanda ka sa totoong buhay...
Pero......... hindi rin.
I can see a lot of you did. Yeap, yeap. It was a bitter sweet challenge for all of us but we did survive it all, didn't we? I thought I'd share a blog of mine when I was cursing math and statistics as electives a.k.a no-you-can't-NOT-graduate-without-passing-math11-math14-math100-and-statistics101 in college. I seriously wanted to burn down Math Building on January 31, 2008. I even blogged about it then:
________________
Kinakabahan na ako... I'm not two days delayed, one week delayed or even a month delayed... I'm one fckn year delayed from graduating!
Yeah. It sucks. But it's "in". Ang dami-dami kayang hindi gruma-graduate on time. Dahil sa maraming rason. Isa na dun ang statistics (at hindi mawawala ang math syempre). Sa sobrang pagka-bored ko, nakagawa na ako ng mathematical equation tungkol dito:
statistics + katamaran = singko
or
stistics + katamaran + singko = suicide
gawin nating komplikado:
statistics + math 11 + math 14 + math 17+ math 100 + thesis = 100 years delayed = 100 years of hell
or pwedeng ganito ka-simple:
statistics + math 11 + math 14 + math 17+ math 100 + thesis = pakamatay ka nalang
Isa sa mga subject na 'yan ang magiging rason sa tuluyan kong pagka-delay. Delayed na nga, madedelay pa lalo.
Goooosh. Kung trabaho lang ang pag-aaral, ang yaman ko na siguro dahil sa pag-oover time ko. Sipag diba. Hahaha.
Hindi ko ma-gets kung bakit kailangan pag-aralan ang mga math mentioned above. I mean, duh, ma-aapply ko ba siya sa pang-araw araw na buhay ko. Hindi. Exactly. Siguro ang misyon ng mga teachers na ito ay gawing miserable ang buhay ng mga studyante. And take note, they seem to be really enjoying it. (heehee sorry!!)
Next sem, susunugin ko ang Math Building. Sinong gustong tumulong?
_______________
Samahan pa natin ng poem ng ginawa ko ng March 4, 2008:
Started on my academic papers, I have not
By this time, I guess I should be doing a lot
Number by number, formulas I could not even recall
Could this be my semester's downfall?
I'd do anything within my power not to fail
Where is my muse to help me prevail?
Two weeks to go and not one requirement accomplished
I want to graduate next year and not a year more damn it!!!!!!
Gosh, I am so darn poetic *sarcasm* With all these being said, I miss my college friends!!! :(
PS
For college students who happen to read this, MATH AND STATISTICS are just a miniscule of a problem of what you are about to face in REAL LIFE! Be ready for it! Pero naiintindihan kita. Okay lang 'yan. Nandyan ang Math at kung anu pang lechugas na subject para ihanda ka sa totoong buhay...
Pero......... hindi rin.

This was my fear dati, not graduating on time. lecheng math 11 at math 100. buti nalang masipag akong maghabol :D teehee! <3 you len!
ReplyDeletecurse them all, but they made us stronger.. CHOS! I <3 you, too!
ReplyDeleteLEN!!!! Help me edit my page. shet lang
ReplyDeleteGawin ba daw itong chat. Paano, kailan, saan?
ReplyDelete