Baked Goodies: Lemon Squares and Cupcake

My friend Nheekee spent the weekend in my house. I TAUGHT (gawd, I typed in "thought" here previously, how stupid lol) her how to make Lemon Squares and basic Chocolate Cupcake. It was a tiring Saturday night because her and my hung-over self met Saturday afternoon at Cubao. We spent an hour in the Cubao Expo Bazaar, then went to SM to buy ingredients for baking then went to FX Antipolo terminal. The line was so long we waited for an hour and a half to finally get an fx ride going home. Carrying 4 heavy bags of grocery, a long line and traffic are all making realize how important and convenient it is to own a freakin' car.

They look like edible smurfs or something!




I am aware how thick the crust is. Next time I'll use a wider baking pan






The lemon square recipe I got from Smitten Kitchen. I was shocked when I tried making lemon squares again because I couldn't remember how to make the crust. Or I guess I used another recipe for the crust. I can remember clearly I used melted butter, but Smitten Kitchen's recipe for the crust was quite different. Eitherway, you may totally trust Smitten Kitchen recipe. But you may also try out this recipe I followed in All Recipes. 

The chocolate cupcake recipe was from Joy of Baking and since we don't have a block of unsweetened chocolate for the cocoa frosting, we whipped up an ever reliable Fluffy White Frosting. What I like about the frosting is how long it holds its shape and how it tastes so much like a really soft marshmallow. :)

All the fun aside, my brother is bugging me to think of corporate giveaways! I have until tomorrow to finalize everything and I don't know even know what to do and where to start. Waaaaaaaah! I'll find a way. I always find a way to get these things done. Tsk

PS
Just a trivia: I used to own a food blog which is now molding and rotting away in the never ending Hell pit called the internet

Comments

  1. Eeerrrrrrrr! Penge! :D
    They all look yummy!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get my frosting to look like this! Do you pipe it on? They look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca: The truth is I lost my piping bag and the different nozzles. What I did was put the icing on a ziplock, then I cut some hole at the edge and then there you go! Do-it-yourself piping bag! I'm quite astounded how cute the frosting turned out,too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. gave me a sudden craving for sweets. I followed you by the way.

    The House of Isla

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look delicious! great piping of the cupcakes, they are so adorable! :)

    Love,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  6. that all looks so incredibly yummy! i'm not visiting ny for a year, i live here, permanently and have my entire life. i only ever left for college and came directly back. as much as i whine, i'd probably never be able to function anywhere else. :)
    cars are convenient, but they are so expensive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, those cupcakes look soooo delicious!! now i'm craving. thanks for sharing the recipes! i'll try to bake again one of these days. :D


    boat ride through the sky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon bars are my absolute fav dessert... I want to try this recipe :) And your cupcake pics are gorgeous.

    PS - thanks for your sweet compliment, you made my day. I'll definitely start posting more pics!

    x,
    www.GlocalGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cupcakes look sooo yummy! the frosting most especially....they look like edible clouds...tihee!

    as for the prev post, you look sooo good in those denim cut-offs..i thrifted a pair last summer and i regret not wearing them cuz now, they don't fit me anymore..haha!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts