I Think I Bought Myself Brogues and not an Oxford

Brogues and oxfords are shoes which I mistaken to be similar. After much researching brought to you by the most reliable source in the net, Wikipedia (lol), I think I may know their main difference. Brogues  are characterized by the little perforated holes while oxfords are without these shoe detail. Although brogues and oxfords look essentially the same, probably because they all hail from the same family of masculine shoes. Anyway, I'm not a shoe expert so...

I bought myself a pair of brogues because I think I deserve one! I am pretty happy with what I got and I can't wait to wear them. I was searching online on how to wear brogues and the results were a bit disappointing. You see, brogues look best with women who have long legs. Being 5'5" and having masculine legs doesn't help. Not to worry, brogues can be worn and you should read this article: HOW TO WEAR BROGUES!



GIGANTIC FEET :(

I have another pair of thrifted brogues (or oxfords, whatever) but they are still hard to walk in :|

Some outfits I am planning to recreate with these shoes! :3







I am sooo bad for not referencing but I found them all in Chisismo :3 Looking at all these photos made me want to have skinny legs!! HOW TO HAVE SKINNY LEGS gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh, why these genes, why!?! lol

Comments

  1. Ummmm LADY, your legs are skinny! You are crazy! I love these shoes and these looks, can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny that you should mention that I look like Uma. I used to get it all the time in high school but not so much recently! Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you styled them so simply. I just learned the difference lately as well! I kept getting confused :P

    You look very chic, Len! Can't wait to see you style em more :)

    Bea from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting that kind of shoes too(broques/oxfords)but whenever I go thrifting, those pretty things were never in my size. :(

    btw, where do you go thrifting? please share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dani! I'm a size 9, and it's hard thrifting for shoes when you are a size 9!

    Those brogues I wore weren't thrifted. Bought them in Gibi Shoes in SM Megamall department store.

    About your question where I go thrifting... here are my list!
    1) that ukay under shaw boulevard MRT
    2) Fashion Delite in Gateway: across Eurotel, near Jesus Christ building which is right beside National Bookstore
    3) Ukays in Antipolo and Cogeo
    4) That ukay near SEC (across POEA)
    5) Ukay wonderland in Sta. Lucia Mall (old building)- it's located in the old movie house where they converted into one gigantic Mecca of UKAY!!! ---bags and shoes are great buys here :3

    Those are the ukays I frequent. Also, I like thrifting when they are on SALE meaning they sell clothes 3 for 100, those kind of stuff.


    Hope this helps, Dani! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts