Quotable Quotes from My 2009-self!
Today is Christmas and I did nothing but chat with my best friend through Facebook, posting all sorts of 2009 stories, quotes and memories. I have to admit that although 2009 was a bit dramatic, it was the best year in terms of my writing capability (?). I have also came to realize that my 2009-self wrote more decently than what I have become now. I have to read more books because my writing skill is clearly degrading into a grade schooler's way of composing essays.
Went to my multiply blogsite and read all the blogs I've written in 2009. I am quite surprised there are a lot of quotable quotes and haikus there which sounded so mature and sensible! Whatever happened to me since work and how my brain lost its grandeur is still a mystery. Sad facts. Life is less witty these days. Ho-hum
Moving on, let us call this segment the "LEN 2009-SELF QUOTABLE QUOTES!"
Went to my multiply blogsite and read all the blogs I've written in 2009. I am quite surprised there are a lot of quotable quotes and haikus there which sounded so mature and sensible! Whatever happened to me since work and how my brain lost its grandeur is still a mystery. Sad facts. Life is less witty these days. Ho-hum
Moving on, let us call this segment the "LEN 2009-SELF QUOTABLE QUOTES!"
- Haiku # 1: The truth she asked him
Saw the future in his eyes
He did not dare blink
- Stalking leads to unnecessary information which could cause real threats to your struggling ego.
- How is it that we want one thing, and in the process of acquiring it we realize (a) we made the wrong decision (b) we should have been more patient in thinking through plans (c) we made the right decision, but external forces seem to oppose your point of view hence plans are not aligned with the actual outcome
- People hold on to material things as their only tangible security of power and maybe self-worth.
- Haiku # 2: Dreams are illusions;
an escape for prisoners
of reality
- Haiku # 3: She denies the fact
of her being the same as
her lovely mother
- Haiku # 4: When it has ripen
Get you alcohol ready
then prick, pop and push -- on how to properly pick pimples!
- Haiku # 5: Delay everything
for a momentary bliss
and catch up later -- on how to procrastinate!
- Haiku # 6: Strange language and signs
Traces of her confusion
All over her face -- on trying to understand Taiwanese people speak English!
- Haiku # 7: The words in his head
are verbalized in a way
in which he regrets. -- on being lost in translation!
- Familiarity is the best and worst thing about established relationships.
- Let go of unnecessary emotional and physical baggage before anything gets too heavy.
My latest trend lately to sleep soundly at night is costly and energy inefficient. Tsk. Watching movies until I fall into a deep sleep. Yeay, Baguio tomorrow and no I won't be bringing my boots because my bag is already heavy as it is. I look like I am going to go mountain hiking.


#4 might be my favorite!! Haikus are lovely, you should start writing them again.
ReplyDelete