A Photo of My Long Weekend and a Mineral Powder

It's such a wonder how I managed to glide through the weekend without taking out my camera. I was in Baguio for the long weekend because I wanted to unwind and just chill (literally and figuratively speaking). It has always been my run-to place to relax. Plus the people there are awesome and a breath of fresh air!

The only photo I have for the weekend is Joey (that's a pretzel in his mouth) with a kitty cat (named Banderas) lazing around his stomach. I feel like I want to be a lazy person just looking at this photo.


The weekend was mostly spent drinking (I have to thank tita for the free booze), eating and just plain doing nothing so productive, which I enjoy so much. Then some were spent on meeting up with dear friends! I owe Camille and Shirin some Christmas goodies on December 26-ish when I'll be back in Baguio for Tina and Carlo's wedding. 

Aside from being a lazy person last long weekend, I managed to buy me some mineral powder. I got the cheapest one from Beauty Treats! It's too early for me to say if I regret buying this particular brand. Project Vanity says I should buy Ellana because it's an impressive brand. For the meantime, I'm getting used to the whole mineral powder thing because I'm leaving baby loose powder behind (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!)


What I like about mineral powder so far:
  • It's not heavy looking on the face so it looks natural. Beauty Treats mineral powder gives a light coverage. If you want a better coverage, buy their mineral face powder (or try other brands instead)
  • It gives my face some shimmer!
  • It's cheap! Only under Php 390!
On the downside though:
  • The BT mineral powder doesn't come with a brush! You have to buy a good set of brush (I'm eyeing Ellana's mineral powder blush). For the meantime I am using a sponge which is not the best way to apply the powder on the face 
  • The packaging is prone to unnecessary spills :(
  • Only available on three shades. I think I got the lightest one which looks like a medium shade actually. I have to get the lightest one because I'm acidic. 
I'll finish my BT mineral powder until then, I'd probably try out Ellana, Body Shop or Kryolan!

Comments

  1. I don't know a lot about make-up, so it's always nice to hear others thoughts on the different types of products!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bare Minerals, my fav! However, it has the same problem with unnecessary spillage, so much gets wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kitten. I've found the same thing about the packaging of mineral makeups - spills are way too easy! I do think it's a very natural look, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little kitty who loves to be lazy like that. Also you're going to Baguio? Ukay heaven!! Lucky girl. Plus the chance to go to a wedding and dress up. :)

    Anyway you always leave the sweetest comments on our blog, Len! Thank you so much. They are always so nice to read. I hope we get to meet one day as well.

    Bea from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey len! thank you so much for your sweet message on my anniversary post...really made me smile knowing that i am inspiring one person to challenge themselves when it comes to style. :D

    when you coming to cebu? we should definitely meet together with the other bloggers here. :D


    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent the weekend in Baguio, too! Too bad I was sick so Hester had to take care of me, but we did spend the weekend slacking around fastfood while watching Amazing Race and Bones. It was soooo relaxing! :))))


    Kaso andaming tao sa Victory Liner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baguio oh Baguio, it's been too long! how are you my dear? Btw, what is it that you do again?

    besos,

    Ate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyyyy, I'm acidic, too (the sponge sometimes darkens lmao) but I use a shade that matches my skin tone. I tried a lighter shade for my face before and I looked weird kasi di sya nag darken lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helga! hahahaha it's weird my sponge is currently so dark right now. Why, is my face THAT dirty lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts