Davao City Trip
I've been away for three days the previous week. Went to Davao for work. I didn't have the luxury of time to really tour the place but If I were to describe my whole Davao trip experience, I'd probably say... it was a Fat Camp! Buffet there was insanely cheap, like you wouldn't believe it!
For a small amount of time to squeeze in pleasure with work, here are the things I did.
1) EAT / LAMON - Buffet Style
Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.. for three days. I have never felt having a full stomach, 24/7 for three days. For the times I ever got hungry, this trip definitely made up for those. Look at my eating schedule, man, just look. Buffet breakfast, light lunch, buffet dinner, coffee + dessert, bottles of beer after, eating lomi 3 in the morning. Rock & roll, repeat for 3 days!
![]() |
| Probinsya serves really yummy Filipino breakfast |
![]() |
| Wild Safari Grill - they serve grilled barbecues. They also have a halo-halo bar where you can customize to your own liking what you want in your halo-halo! |
![]() |
| Karlo's Coffee Station at Jack's Ridge |
2) Walking at night - Who wouldn't feel fat and heavy after eating buffet meals 3 days in a row? I know. So, at night I walk around the city and just get lost. If you're in Manila this plan would probably a HELL TO THE NO NO! Five minutes here and it's either you get weird stares and get howled at by men. But in Davao, people just mind their own business. You wouldn't even feel scared, not one bit, in roaming the city alone.
3) Sight seeing: Pearl Farm- still part of work but I am not complaining.
![]() |
| The gayest bird I've seen. |

4) Getting to know my cousins- I didn't know I have cousins in Davao until this trip. It was so nice of them to tour us around given the time constraint and their individual schedules. We appreciate their hospitality and generosity. :3
I shall mark this city as "To Visit Again; Potential Spot for Vacation!"
PS
Other stuff worth mentioning: hotels are cheap, food is cheap, the taxi drivers are nice, they also have their version of a China town, largest city in the Philippines, Davao also has one of the cleanest tap water next to.. Switzerland. I hope I got all these information correct huhu
PPS
We stayed at Bagobo House Hotel and the owner was so kind to lend us a room to wash-up even though we already checked out! Bagobo House Hotel is located near Gaisano Mall.










Comments
Post a Comment