What I Ate in Baguio City
We have a little tradition when my family come and visit Baguio City. We stay in a family friend's house for the weekend and every time we do, we make it a point to cook and celebrate whatever. There is always a dinner where we share this little merry festivity of nothingness. It reminds me of Wolfgang Puck's tag line, Live, Laugh, Eat!!! In Baguio, we don't only live, laugh and eat the night away, but it's mandatory that everyone, and I mean everyone, drink Tito Rolly's homemade basi.
| Brick oven. OMG I am in love with this brick oven. It is so Italian |
| Homemade pizza! The dough is made from scratch |
| I, on the other hand, cooked carbonara and prepared a fruit and vegetable salad |
For serious cake lovers out there, I tasted one of the most virginal (?) Strawberry Cakeroll by Baguio Holiday Bakeshop and it was D.I.V.I.N.E!!!! The photos suck but you can bet on mah life they are yummy in real life!
| Baguio Holiday Bakeshop Strawberry Cakeroll |
1) Moist vanilla cake roll: The very basic foundation for a yummy cake is the cake itself, without all the filling, icing and decorations. The vanilla cake is so moist it almost feels like it melts in my mouth, I don't really have to try hard and chew.
2) Strawberry filling: What I absolutely hate about other cake rolls is how the filling can overpower the taste of the whole cake. After you slice you get so umay because it is too sweet. But this particular Strawberry Cakeroll my friends is just right... the sweetness is just right.
3) Icing in the form whipped cream: I am so ecstatic they used an icing that jives well with the cake. I absolutely hate Buttercream frosting and eggwhite frosting because they are too buttery and too sweet. But this whipped cream they used here is fabulous! Magnifico!
| I heart strawberry cake |
Verdict: 5 stars out of 5!
__________
BAGUIO HOLIDAY BAKESHOP
Baguio Holiday Supermart
57 Bokawkan Road, Baguio City
(074) 442-3926


Comments
Post a Comment