Len's Version of Swell's Veggie Burrito
For breakfast last weekend and yes it was delicious and healthy! So healthy I don't even feel an inch of guilt eating two full burritos.
This, for the record, is my favorite breakfast lately! I love that I was able to capture the taste and feel of Swell's Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito, but not quite. For one, I am still racking my brains out on how Chef Niko made his tofu bits drier than mine. Mine looked like wet scrambled eggs while his looks like fine egg yolks broken up into tiny pieces! And I forgot to put some lettuce leaf.
Chef Niko didn't divulge all his secrets as in step by step procedure on how to make the burrito, I mean why would he? So, I recalled all the ingredients he used and worked my way from there:
My Version of Swell's Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito:
A. Prepare all three separate components:
1) Tofu component:
Tofu, mashed into tiny little bits
Turmeric powder (for color and taste)
Cumin powder
salt to taste
Saute everything in a skillet until the tofu gets dried. Set aside.
2) Stir-fried Shredded Veggies
Carrots, shredded
Pumpkin (kalabasa), shredded
Zucchini, shredded
~pretty much whatever veggie you want in your burrito I added:
Bell pepper strips
Shitake mushroom (for a more meaty flavor), or button mushroom
salt, pepper and a dash of cumin to taste
a tablespoon or two of water (to make this kind of thick)
Stir fry everything in the pan until all veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in some water to make it a little thick and saucy.
3) Simple Salsa
Tomatoes, cubed (or depends on your preference if you want you tomato chunkier or not)
Onions, chopped into little cubes
Dried thyme
Apple cider vinegar
sugar, salt
chili powder/paprika
Mix all ingredients together.
B. Stack together the ingredients! I used whole wheat tortilla.
1) Heat your tortilla
2) Place in your plate
3) Place a piece of lettuce
4) Add tofu
5) Add stir fried shredded veggie
6) Add simple salsa
There you go! Enjoy! If you tried this recipe, tell me how yours went. If you have questions, don't hesitate to comment.
P.S.
Iba pa rin talaga ang recipe ni Chef Niko ng veggie burrito. I urge you guys to try it! So addicting, I can't stop thinking about it. Argh

Comments
Post a Comment