Subic Weekend: Day 2



Woke up early for the Subic Day 2 (last day!) Experience! Call time was 6 AM but I was already awake around 5:30-ish with a throbbing headache! Pushed the pain aside, slathered myself with tons of sun block, got into my new red bikini, put on my heart-shaped goggles (lewlz) and camwhored for a bit... until Francis called. Darn.

Chef Niko agreed the prior night that he would be the one to teach Xander and I how to paddle board. Surprisingly, paddle boarding isn't at all hard to learn. The key to this sport (is this a sport??) is balance and strong arms!

If you're going to do this, please tell the people you're with if you cannot swim. You don't want to paddle board to the deep part of the ocean with no one around. You don't want to drown in the middle of the sea and get eaten by sharks and/or be attacked by jellyfish(es?), do you?

Xander was a natural!

Mukhang totoo! haha!
Spot the not! Clue: baliktad and surfboard niya! Haha I'm such a loser.

We had to stop paddle boarding after some time because the waves were getting stronger. We went back to the inn, took a bath then had an amazing, healthy breakfast.

Len's breakfast. Oops, wrong caption and photo. haha

Ay, sorry, hindi pala breakfast si Paolo Soler.

The Best Blueberry Pancakes

Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito




Francis and I were curious about the Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito so we both ordered the same thing. It's a pretty simple dish which I am planning to recreate over the weekend! I won't elaborately discuss what's in this delicious veggie burrito because I don't want to spoil the suspense and fun for you! Please try it! IT IS AMAZING, ohmygawd! No rice, no meat, just 100% healthy, good ingredients for your body! How I wish I could start everyday with paddle boarding (will tone your triceps, biceps and abs!) and eating this veggie burrito after (very filling for something so healthy!)

After finishing my breakfast, I had to go back to my room and finish business... yeah, that. Took a quick nap until Francis called me out again so that we can all watch the Pacquiao and Mosley's live fight! Not a fan of sports but it was uplifting to see our kababayan in Swell Bar and Cafe watching the battle and rooting for Pacquiao (oy, may isang evil person diyan na ipinagdasal na matalo si Pacquio. *ubo francis ubo*).

Swell Signature Lemon Iced Tea is obviously a best seller
Oh and yes, in case you didn't know, Pacquiao is friends with Paris Hilton and yeah, he won














You might think we're such gluttons but I swear on my life we did other stuff besides eating! (NOOOT) Francis ordered some appetizer before we ordered lunch. He told us the Kick-Ass Olives are.. well, kickass and the Healthy Hummus and Tortilla Triangles. True enough!

Kick Ass Olives
Healthy Hummus and Tortilla Triangle
And then lunch!

What I had: Chef Niko's Norwegian Smoke Salmon Sandwich

Xander had The Bugsy Burger

Francis' favorite Pork Binagoongan

I was shy to ask Xander and Francis if I could taste their food. But I enjoyed mine nonetheless. I would have wanted more zing and acidic flavor in my sandwich though, and maybe a slighly crusty and burned bread, but that's just a personal preference.

After lunch we napped again like babies, then went on our merry way home. But before that, we had our photo taken with the staff and the top management. The Subic experience was something I really needed! Thank you guys for the wonderful food, time and for the very homey and warm hospitality. I will definitely come back and see all of you again!

Chef Niko's team! Naks parang Iron Chef! 

Xander, JJ, Gianne, Francis and I. Thank you so much, JJ and Gianne! Truly one fun and relaxing weekend! :)
_____________

Bldg 664 Waterfront Road
Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Tel: (047) 250-2221


Comments

Popular Posts