Smoked Salmon Bruschetta w/ Tomato Basil Salsa


I know bruschetta is an *italian* appetizer but I think this also makes up for an awesome breakfast!

Yesterday, my mother and I passed by Subic to satisfy our incredible urge to shop for... groceries. She bought smoked salmon and a bunch of salami. I, on the other hand bought the following:

  • Maltesers
  • Furikake - Buy one take one for a $1.75. Furikake is a Japanese condiment which contains little bits and pieces of yummy stuff best sprinkled on top of rice (or whatever you want to sprinkle them on). It has nori bits, dried fish, dried veggies and egg etc! This weekend I'll show you what I'll do with it!
  • Flavored coffee creamers - French Vanilla and Irish Creme

I don't know what I'll make this weekend but I was sort of planning to make French Onion Soup but instantly scrapped that out from to-do list because.. it's still too hot to enjoy soup. I think I'll make ice pops but problem is the popsicle molder I bought on Ebay hasn't arrived yet! It's frustrating! I don't know where to look for it! Ack! 

Smoked Salmon Bruschetta w/ Tomato Basil Salsa

Ingredients:

Smoked salmon, sliced thinly, seasoned w/ olive oil, salt and pepper
French bread, sliced diagonally, 1/2 inch thick, brushed with olive oil, toasted
Tomatoes, diced into small pieces
Onion, diced the same as the tomatoes
Basil, cut into strips
Apple cider vinegar
a dash of honey/sugar, salt, pepper
Olive Oil
Cream cheese (optional)

Tomato-Basil Salsa
  • Mix diced tomato, onions and basil. Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar/honey. Set aside.
  • Stack your ingredients: toasted bruschetta, spread cream cheese, tomato basil salsa topped w/ thinly sliced smoked salmon.
__________________
In other news... I'll be in Dumaguete for 5 days starting on Sunday! Oh gad, I should really do some physical activities because I am starting to feel heavy and ugly lately.

AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 4 OF 90210!!

Comments

Popular Posts