Detoxify Week!
I finally had the courage to commit and really detoxify my body through eating/not eating the following the entire week!
1) oats (actually the homemade granola I made; I think they are healthy)
2) vegetables
3) fruits; Minute Maid pulpy orange!
4) yogurt
5) no beef/pork
Just a sideline story. I went to SM Makati yesterday on the way to an event in Paranaque. While waiting for another colleague, decided to check on the supermarket area and found out that they have a little stall selling vegetable juice! The vegetable juice are juiced in front of you (not shaked! as in juiced, like the Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer). Vegetable juice consisted of the following vegetables: carrots, jicama (singkamas), tomato and cucumber. I had the tomato taken out, I am not up for the tomato juice taste. Then after that, they blend in some sugar cane juice! Surprisingly though, they tasted great and it curbed my appetite.
Aside from vegetable juice, I've had series of megamall visits because of Kuya's Sariwang Lumpia, which is now a favorite! I have to say no to Bread Talk and Krispy Kreme for a while though :(
What I like about the detoxification process this week is I feel like I can get used to eating more veggies and fruits. Sometimes just thinking about it feels like torture but really, everyone should just give it a try! I eat less fatty, indulgent food and I am now conscious of the portions I eat. Also, I really defecate ALL as in all I've eaten in a day, without even the help of coffee! yeay!
I miss my Ninja's puppy-self :( She's so big now she's not cute anymore :( And I miss my hair and my fresh-faced self!!
Also, substituted drinking milk by drinking soya milk instead. I think soya's yummier :)
1) oats (actually the homemade granola I made; I think they are healthy)
2) vegetables
![]() |
| yeay minute maid! |
4) yogurt
5) no beef/pork
Just a sideline story. I went to SM Makati yesterday on the way to an event in Paranaque. While waiting for another colleague, decided to check on the supermarket area and found out that they have a little stall selling vegetable juice! The vegetable juice are juiced in front of you (not shaked! as in juiced, like the Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer). Vegetable juice consisted of the following vegetables: carrots, jicama (singkamas), tomato and cucumber. I had the tomato taken out, I am not up for the tomato juice taste. Then after that, they blend in some sugar cane juice! Surprisingly though, they tasted great and it curbed my appetite.
Aside from vegetable juice, I've had series of megamall visits because of Kuya's Sariwang Lumpia, which is now a favorite! I have to say no to Bread Talk and Krispy Kreme for a while though :(
What I like about the detoxification process this week is I feel like I can get used to eating more veggies and fruits. Sometimes just thinking about it feels like torture but really, everyone should just give it a try! I eat less fatty, indulgent food and I am now conscious of the portions I eat. Also, I really defecate ALL as in all I've eaten in a day, without even the help of coffee! yeay!
I miss my Ninja's puppy-self :( She's so big now she's not cute anymore :( And I miss my hair and my fresh-faced self!!
Also, substituted drinking milk by drinking soya milk instead. I think soya's yummier :)


Comments
Post a Comment