Homemade Granola with Peaches and Yogurt


Serious cases of clumsiness are happening ever so often lately. I won't enumerate the things I lost in a span of two weeks, but it gets really frustrating. Although they are not the most important things in the entire planet (well, for practical purposes these days, I say they are important) I can just let them go and move on with my life. There is no point in looking for them, god knows other people are using my stuff now.


Yesterday's clumsiness was the last strike! No more short attention span and inattentiveness. I slept at my friend's house last night and then went to Gateway Mall just to buy yogurt. After buying the yogurt, I went to a fast food chain and ate burger steak then went to the Antipolo ride in Farmer's. Thirty-minutes or so in the travel, I realized I feel like something is missing.. I should be carrying another plastic with me! Then I remembered I forgot the yogurt in the fastfood chain I ate at. Darn it. So I had to buy it all over again when I got to my hometown. Life is a hassle sometimes.

I made Homemade Granola this weekend and the recipe I got from The Kitchen Sink. I made some variations: I only used almonds, walnuts, dessicated coconut, sesame seed and oatmeal here. But you may exactly follow The Kitchen Sink's exact ingredients (don't know where to buy flax seeds, and peeled pumpkin seeds though, they aren't exactly cheap!). Mine tasted great even with the variation in ingredients :3

HOMEMADE GRANOLA (recipe grabbed from The Kitchen Sink recipes!)

Ingredients that I actually used in the blog post!

The dried ingredients:

3 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I used Australian Harvest) Make absolutely sure you use old fashioned rolled oats, NOT the quick cooking/instant ones
1 cup of assorted nuts (walnuts and almonds, roughly chopped)
3 Tbps. of dessicated coconut
2 Tbps. of sesame seed
1 cup of raisins (I suggest you put in more of the fried fruits, like cranberries and golden raisins!)

The wet ingredients:

2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon iodized salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soya oil (or vegetable oil)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1) Preheat oven to 375 F or 350 F if your oven is too hot and is out of control (lol)
2) Mix all the dried ingredients in a large bowl EXCEPT for the dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, etc)
3) In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients
4) Mix in the wet ingredients into the dried ingredients and make absolutely sure everything is coated w/ the wet sugary goodness mixture!
5) Once everything is well coated, put it in a wide baking tray. Make sure it is evenly spread.
6) Put it in the oven and check on it every 5 minutes, stirring and flipping the mixture occasionally so that everything is nicely and evenly browned
7) once it is a golden brown color, take the baking tray out of the oven and let cool. Let it cool in its own baking tray.
8) Once completely cooled, mix in your dried fruits and store in an air tight container!


There you go! :)


For a healthy afternoon nibble, I made Peaches with Yogurt topped with the healthy Homemade Granola.


Ingredients:

Peaches (canned)
Yogurt (plain)
Granola/ homemade granola
Honey

Procedure: Just get a peach from the can, top it with plain yogurt, drizzle the yogurt with honey then sprinkle the homemade granola! Nothing is simpler than that!


Enjoy and have a healthy and happy weekend, guys! :)

Comments

  1. i miss baking with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks very yum, len! i really love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neki: Me, too! :)

    Hayzle: Salamat! :) It makes me really happy that you are enjoying browsing my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts