Manang's Chicken

Thanks for letting me borrow this photo, Bobbit Lim!
I shall start this post by saying, I am in love / obsessed with Manang's Chicken. I feel guilty.. because I haven't been eating my other chicken boyfriends out there like Uncle John's, Mang Inasal and ChicBoy. I am sorry boys but I am switching to Manang's! She knows how to satisfy me better than all of you. Buuuurn

A lot of reviews are saying that Manang's Chicken is comparable to that of Bon Chon's, but the overall taste is a whole lot different. Not comparable at all. Manang's Chicken tastes like a crispy fried chicken coated in Reyes Barbeque's famous sauce and topped with sesame seeds (kinda tastes like that). Manang's coating is saltier and sweeter, you know how Filipino's taste are!

What I like about Manang's Chicken!

  • Crispy double deep fried chicken - Why double fry a chicken? I noticed Manang's Chicken is banking on their crispy and saucy fried chicken. One of the ways to achieve this kind of crispiness is by double frying it. How? This is just my theory but the first fry is done in a lower temperature enough to cook the meat on the chicken, enough to make it 1st level crispy. Then you drain chicken on a paper towel and second fry it in oil with a higher temperature.

  • Sauce - kinda tastes like Reyes Bbq's famous sauce, but not quite. The sauce is a little bit on the salty + sweet side, but I like it! 

  • Fast service - you get your order in more or less 6-7 minutes upon ordering. 

  • Near my office in Ortigas - they are a good 5-10 mins walk from where I work!  

  • Addicting - they taste better and better each time I eat it! Believe me, I had 3 Manang's Chicken in a week already, and I guess I am having another this lunch time! Yihee!

  • Big chicken pieces - you can choose between thighs and breast or a combination of both if you are ordering two pieces of chicken w/ rice. 

  • Sulit! not so cheap but you get your money's worth - P126 bucks for 2 pcs. chicken cuts (big chicken cuts I might add) and rice.

What I don't like:

  • served on Styrofoam even if you eat inside the restaurant
  • you guys seriously have to expand! Please have a branch in Baguio hihi
  • it's fattening and I can't eat it everyday, three times a day even if I want to!

I haven't tasted the other items on their menu because their fried chicken is kinda distracting! :D
_____________
Manang's Chicken

AIC Gold Tower, Garnet Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City (near Emerald/former NU107)
Monday-Saturday - 9:00 am to 01:00 am
Sunday - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm

G/F One Burgundy Plaza, Katipunan QC
Monday-Sunday - 10:00am to 10:00pm

Comments

Popular Posts