October Weekend at Subic Day 1: Lunch Time at Swell Bar and Cafe
I spent the entire weekend with my guy friends ( Francis, Franz, Jaypee, Justin, and Lloyd) at Subic. All I could remember from last weekend was eating, drinking and paddle boarding - yeah I know all of you are envious right now. Very timely also because the weather was incredibly awesome and sunny! We haven't had those non-rainy weekend ever since the ber months started.
We stayed at Boardwalk Inn again because it was (and still is) the coolest looking hotel nearest the beach. The boys and I also wanted to do physical activities, a water sport of some sort and eat healthy, nutritious meals while we were at it.
Sure I'd like to be stuck in my hotel room and sleep the day away, but at Boardwalk Inn or Swell, they offer basic tutorials on paddle boarding and sometimes, they even host marathon events! So much for being a lazy ass, which was a good thing because my weekend was so sporty and productive!! :D Guess who went home to Manila with a terrible body ache?! Anyway, what we had for lunch at Swell:
1 Surfer J's Guilt-Free Burger A delicious veggie burger made with shredded carrots, squash and zucchini (served with Swell's Sweet Potato chips)
2 Vegetarian Veggie Burrito - my personal favorite!!! =)
3 Beef Salpicao
1 Binagoongan Pork Shoulder braised in fermented shrimp paste with green mangoes and fried egg
2 Pork Medallion pork medallion wrapped in bacon with a cream cheese sauce and buttered peppers served on potato discs
3 Fish Filler Braised in Aromatic Asian Sauce creamy dory braised in hoisin, ginger, and garlic served in Moroccan rice
4 Pinakbet
I highly recommend you order the following dishes whenever you swing by Swell Bar and Cafe:
- Vegetarian Veggie Burrito- it's so good I had to recreate it at home!
- Binagoongan Pork Shoulder
- Pork Medallion
My subic weekend does not end here.
_______________
Bldg 664 Waterfront Road
Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Tel: (047) 250-2221
PS All photos were taken by Franz Lopez





Comments
Post a Comment