Badass Burger
This is maybe close to a quarter pounder. Got 1/2 kilo of beef (so much for the Lenten Season okay I'm sorry!), and divided it into four patties - which, if we do the math, is 1/8. One-eight pounders are really so heavy that eating one burger with this big a patty will make a grown man groan... in gastronomic satisfaction. I, on the other hand, was a wimp because I cannot finish the damn thing or perhaps because I was already half full when I assembled the Lender Burgers (as coined by Joey).
Made the patties a bit spicy. I added lots of powdered chili in the beef patty and sliced some canned jalapenos and placed them in the burgers. Made them taste like they were charboiled/grilled by adding barbeque sauce (although I used a grill pan on the stove!)
In the end, I decided to slice the remaining patties in half, cut it across, because 1/8 pounders are just too much. Stomachs that were fed were nonetheless happy.
Badass Burgers are best enjoyed with family and friends, while watching The Green Hornet and sipping on Rootbeer Rum (thanks, Feliz for this bright idea!). Or while watching really boring movies such as Dying Young* starring Julia Roberts, expecting an epic, depressing ending, and finding out it's an open-ended movie. Eating the burgers right after a sucky movie compensates for the time wasted. Have a shot gin, rum, sing your heart out loud with the Magic Sing instead and sleep knock-dead happy. Constipation awaits the next day. Yeay!
Len's Badass Burgers
Ingredients (these are just approximates..)
1/2 kilo ground beef
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp each of garlic powder and/or onion powder (but if you don't have, chop some fresh garlic and onions instead)
1/3 cup A1 Steak Sauce (gives the burger a nice charcoal grilled flavor!)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
Burger buns
1. Mix all ingredients. Better if you marinade overnight. Shape your patties on how thick you want it to be. Suggestion: try inserting some cheese in the middle of the patty.
2. Then grill/cook in the pan. Cook for 10 minutes on each side. Again, the cooking time will depend on how thick your patties are. The thicker the patty the more time you need to cook it.
3. Heat your burger buns by either placing them in the oven/toaster for about 10 minutes (I like mine slightly burned!)
4. Assemble however way you want it.
For toppings you may want to put...
tomato slices
caramelized onion strips
stir fried bell pepper strips
jalapeno
pickles
mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, wasabi, barbeque sauce, etc
____________
*A movie about this terminally sick filthy rich guy (leukemia) who hires a beautiful hot personal "nurse" (because Julia Roberts isn't really a nurse here) whom he soon falls in love with (surprise!). They ran away in this quaint town and rich guy bought a beachside house. Julia thought sick guy is getting well because he's growing hair and all those healthy stuff but in the end, guy lied that he is getting well because in reality he hasn't finished his chemo yet (whoa surprise!) Then Julia knew the guy lied to her and left him, and told the sick guy's father about it. Then realized she cannot leave the guy cause she loves him so much! So, they went back to the city together and carried on with the remaining chemo session.
I would have wanted a tragic ending. Like one of them dying. Better if Julia gets into an accident and sick guy has to donate his heart to Julia for her to live! But in the end, they both die. How sweet.


Comments
Post a Comment