Mexican Rice + Chili Lime Chicken
Favorite shows as of the moment: DC CUPCAKES and MASTERCHEF! I am really buying myself some baking stuff for weekend. With little money I have, I plan to make some Red Velvet Cupcakes or Coconut Cupcakes come Saturday. Or not because I will be busy cooking for my brother's birthday (yummy menu!!!). Can't wait!
Also, I am eyeing this really intense, exotic Madagascar (or ~Tahitian?!) Vanilla extract I happened to find in some baking shop&stuff in Megamall. I am looking for some popsicle molders. Anyone here know where I can find one?
More baking in the coming weeks definitely.. and I shall yet to perfect those damn Brazo de Mercedes.
MEXICAN RICE (from allrecipes.com)
Also, I am eyeing this really intense, exotic Madagascar (or ~Tahitian?!) Vanilla extract I happened to find in some baking shop&stuff in Megamall. I am looking for some popsicle molders. Anyone here know where I can find one?
More baking in the coming weeks definitely.. and I shall yet to perfect those damn Brazo de Mercedes.
MEXICAN RICE (from allrecipes.com)
Ingredients
Direction
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
2. Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
CHILI LIME CHICKEN (bettycrocker.com)
Ingredients
2 tsps. grated lime peel
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped (I used the canned ones)
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lbs)
Directions
1. Mix all ingredients in a shallow bowl or plastic except for the chicken
2. Take out the chicken and pound it using a mallet until 1/4" thick. Place the chicken in the marinade and let it marinade for 30 mins.
3. You can either grill or pan fry it. Luckily, I have a pan with grill mark indentions on it (yeay!) Cook until the thickest part of the chicken doesn't ooze out blood anymore, or if it turns white.
4. Serve with your favorite rice OR Mexican Rice :)

Comments
Post a Comment