Tuna "Sloppy" Joe with Caramelized Onion and Peppers + Sautéed French String Beans


For dinner this Sunday night! Too lazy to think of ulam for rice. Bleh. A sloppy Joe which isn't sloppy enough!!!! Sorry tag-tipid. Will add more tomato sauce next time.

I passed by Rustan's Supermarket in Gateway on the way home. Bought some stuff for things I should have cooked this weekend such as:
1) Watermelon Mint Shake
2) Cucumber Mint Shake
3) Aglio Olio Pasta w/ my own twist! *arte*
4) Tuna Sloppy Joe! Decided to add some Caramelized Onion and Bell peppers

Quickly dismissed the idea of making Watermelon Mint Shake because there seems to be a shortage of supply for mint!! Tsk. So, I had a great idea of doing the Cucumber Shake, but instead of mint I used tanglad or lemongrass! Why not.

Before riding an fx going home, decided to take a peak of Farmer's Market. Wanted to check the produce there and OMG, I really went Oh.My.Gawd! Heaven! There were shitake mushrooms, herbs like dill, thyme, cilantro, wansoy, spring onions, but sadly, no mint in sight. Disappointing and annoying too because I kept on asking from stall to stall if they have mint and they just give me a blank stare, like what-the-hell-is-mint-so-miss-uhm-wala-kami-niyan-bye. Okay, bye! I ended up buying French string beans instead because they look so pretty and sexy. Mwehehe



It was a busy afternoon. I roasted a bunch of garlic and put them in a jar with olive oil for later use (planning on bringing them with me to Baguio.. hmm...). Then proceeded with making a rather strange combination of yogurt, cucumber and lemongrass shake. Well, it was refreshing... and weird I am not going to lie! But mint really is the winner partner for cucumber!

Tuna Sloppy Joe with Caramelized Onion and Bell Pepper

Ingredients:
  • Onion, sliced along the grain (not too thin!)
  • Bell peppers, sliced the same way as the onions
  • Corned canned tuna (I used Century Tuna!)
  • Tomato sauce 
  • Cumin powder
  • Burger buns
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
  • Put olive oil in a pan. Heat it over medium heat then caramelize the onions and bell pepper for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
  • In another pan, heat the corned tuna, add tomato sauce, cumin powder, salt and pepper. Stir. You can make this as saucy as you want! Make it sloppy, beybeh!
  • Slice your burger buns in half then place it in the broiler until warm and golden brown
  • Take it out of the oven. Slab some caramelized onion and bell pepper in one bun, then the sloppy corned tuna in the other bun. Put them together then wham bam, there you go, Tuna Sloppy Joe!

Comments

Popular Posts