Fudge Sauce & Preps for Brother's Birthday Lunch Tomorrow




Pay day and repleneshing money is awesome and the first few hundreds were spent on eyebrow threading. I don't know why but it's one of the top things I think of when I get money. Weird but true. And weirder cause I think I look 10x better just with a newly threaded brows.

Aside from brows, I also treated myself out for a dinner. Yes, I like eating alone, or because I really don't have friends who are readily available for an impromptu dinner. Guess it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you I was the only one in Pizza Hut Bistro who was eating alone, with no company, last Friday. And it was a candlelit dinner with my imaginary/invisible friend. I feel like a freaking loser. Whatever. I love their combo meals though and I am in love with their Aglio Olio w/ Roasted Chicken.

Then, I went on my merry way to buy kikay stuff like pressed powder and bronzer from Elf. And I got another little shade of cheek blush for free because it's a promo thing. So.. yeay! And yeah, Bench cheek tint. Because I never really moved on from highschool make-up. Ugh.

Saturday was rather a busy day (which is now and will end in about 15 minutes!). I needed to do some prep for my brother's birthday lunch tomorrow. I am cooking for 20 people and I get zero help from anyone -- which is, by the way, works in my favor because I like working alone. Made the desserts first because it needed some freezing. Get this, folks, Southern Comfort Ice Cream Pie. I know it probably don't look much right now but we will see tomorrow!

Southern Comfort Pie. The layers on this ice cream pie should look interesting. Tomorrow we'll see!


Oh yeah, and the chocolate fudge sauce in the first photo is homemade. Can't find instant fudge sauce in the grocery so I had no choice but to make one myself. Mega easy. And super yummy. I encourage you to just make a batch and keep it in the fridge for later use; ice cream, strawberries, fruits, bacon?! mwehehe. Whatever floats your boat.

Also baked some Red Velvet Cake as my personal gift to my brother. I honestly have to admit that I haven't tasted Red Velvet Cake EVER!! I find this interesting because it will be my first time to taste it tomorrow! Haven't tasted the cake yet, just the cream cheese frosting -- which is divine. I am ecstatic, supersonic, hypnotic, funky fresh (wow why I'm humming Ciara's 1,2 step)! Learned a thing or two about frosting, but more of those tomorrow.

I am dead tired. But a different kind of exhaustion.. it's a great and fulfilling kind.

Yeay, more cooking tomorrow. Can't wait to tell you all about it!
___________
Fudge Sauce 

350 grams semi-sweet chocolate
2 tbsps. soft brown sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
125 ml heavy cream/thin cream/ or evaporated milk will do
1 tsp. instant coffee diluted w/ 1 tbsp. of warm water
a pinch of salt and cinnamon

Set up your double broiler and remember, the water should be simmering and not boiling. Dump all your ingredients in the double broiler. Mix until all are incorporated and is a smooth consistency. Yes, the sauce will look t0o thin and runny, but do not worry!! The fudge sauce will thicken as it cools down. And will thicken more if you put it in the fridge. Trust me.

Comments

Popular Posts