In Restrospect: Pre-birthday Blogs Year 2008 & 2009
Year 2008 blog:
__________

ULTRA COOL STAND ELECTRIC MIXER (Preferably. Kitchen Aid Brand). They also come in different colors. I've seen black, silver, white, green and orange. It's so pretty! I want one badly! I don't like the regular hand-mixer anymore for various reasons. It cannot whip as good as stand electric mixer. The whisk attachments (sa hand-mixer) are too thin and it holds a lot of disadvantages. The hand electric mixer can't quite accommodate a large quantity of ingredients. Plus, hand mixers don't have paddle attachments :c
ICE CREAM MAKER Ahh!! THE Ice cream maker! I have been dreaming about this baby for a very long time... Look at it, it's soooo cute! I want to make home-made ice cream. :D Actually, it's the home tv shopping's fault why I got too fascinated with this kitchen tool. Damn, home shopping network, it is giving me frustrations in life, gaaaaah.

POWER JUICER -I bet you want that one, too. Look at the old man's body at that age of 80 something? Would you believe it's because of this juicer? I certainly DO NOT think so. But, hey, if it encourages people to live a healthier lifestyle, why not. Amazing, marketing strategy I tell ya, amaaaazing.

SILICON BAKING SHEET One of the latest innovations in the culinary industry. Instead of buttering your pan when baking, use a silicon baking sheet instead. Why? Everything you placed on top of it, even when melted in the oven, will not stick. And, it saves you from extra fat when the pan is greased.
ANY DESSERT/BAKING COOK BOOK Any cook book will do. :D I am currently collecting all sorts of cookbooks.
GLADIATOR-INSPIRED SANDALS Damn. I am so in love with these sandals. Mataray tingnan, at hindi masyado madudumihan paa ko. Bagay na bagay ito sa mga Amazonang katulad ko.
KEDS FLATS I am a Keds baby. I love it! I love, love, love flats! Flats forever, baby! Comfort before fashion is my motto in life, and it does get me a loooong way, literally. Comfortable and fashionable, what more could you ask for.

WHITENING STRIPS for the teeth This darling is the reason why my teeth are whiter than the usual Asian teeth. You don't really need to have your teech bleached. This is the cheapest way you can achieve pearly whites. Go on and try it. Don't rely on toothpaste. It doesn't work.
__________
The gladiator sandals? So 2008 indeed. However, 2008 birthday is the best so far in terms of gifts! My amazing brother was able to read the wishlist somewhere, I don't know how but he did, so yeay for me. He bought me a stand mixer. I tear up thinking about it again.
It was a Friday morning and my family and I are all in the sala. My brother was the last to go down stairs and I went to my room upstairs to get ready for school. There was a big, lovely box in my bed. A BIG BOX. I think I shivered at this point as I am a very assuming person. I opened the box and found that he bought me a brand new stand mixer. A BRAND NEW STAND MIXER. My brother bought me A STAND MIXER. For me it feels like having a new car, yes that was big of a deal for me!
Went downstairs all teary-eyed, or really crying with joy and hugged my brother. Said thank you because it was the best gift I've ever received in my entire life! And everyone was crying, my brother was crying, my mother was crying. God, it was like a scene from a movie. Haha. My brother cried. I've never seen him cry. Everyone was practically happy!
My mother on the other hand gave her gift the night before my birthday. She gave me three pairs of gladiator flats. I wore the purple gladiator flats the next day.
In school, my best friend gave me a letter. It is a letter containing lists why I am such an awesome person.She is such a sweetheart. I plastered her letters on my wall. Her letters are my pick-me up and self-esteem boosters whenever I feel down. Then, after lunch my dear friends, Eunice and Gab, suprised me with balloons and crinkles! The whole class saw the surprise as I shouted and cried, gosh I am such a crybaby. After which, the class sang me a birthday song. Which was embarrassing but who cares, my boy crush was singing along.
I felt loved :)
Fast forward to 2009 blog:
__________
Tomorrow I celebrate my twenty-second peaceful existence with Mother Nature. Excitement was not a feeling I associate with the day, nor do I expect friends to greet me and make me special. Simple act of kindness on random days are more sincere and appreciable than expressing certain degree of kindness to a person just because the occasion calls for it. So tomorrow, I will let myself live like any normal ordinary days. Don't get me wrong, any extraordinary events and thoughtfulness are most welcome, and it doesn't really hurt when even mere acquaintances recognize your social existence. But okay fine, I at least expect yummy treats tomorrow, geez I'm not that much of a hypocrite.
Meanwhile, today is October 2 and Joey celebrates his twenty-third birthday. One of my wishes is to blow a birthday candle with him at exactly 12 midnight between October 2 and 3. The idea is so adorable and it sort of means something symbolic to me. The next coming years I hope to spend it with him. Also, when I have the funds, I want to cook and host a party for friends. Home-cooked meals are better than treat friends out to some fancy restaurant, and this way I can save more money, or offer more alcoholic drinks for the adults! Rowdy behaviour are also allowed in house parties. The freer, the wilder, the happier people are! :D
The week was so fleeting the only significant happening I could remember was donating two plastic full of clothes. Other than that, I also got to spend the night at Patz's with Cissy and Maine. The night was alcohol-free and pretty much wholesome as we watched some barkada video archives, dating as far back as 5 years. Midnight until dawn, the three of us watched Kraft instant dessert recipes in YouTube and tortured ourselves to sleep. When I woke up, I immediately rummaged through Patz's fridge and looked for chocolates to nibble on.
My face was never pimply but one large pimple resurfaced at the center of my universe, and it had to show up on my birthday. Santa should consider hiring me in case Rudolf backs out on December.
Some pre-birthday thoughts:
--I don't feel like my age, nor do I feel any older. How should a twenty-two year old act like anyway?
--I don't look any older, and that's a good thing, right?
--I know what I want, but that dream will be put on hold
--I want to move out at the age of 25
The world is crazier than the usual and it feels like certain routines are interrupted. Balance is something I should aim for at the end of this madness and focus on things that needs to be done and over with as soon as possible. Life begins at the end of this tunnel and man, I should really gear up for battle. Yeehaw.
I can't believe I'm about to say this but.. I want to go to back to school, finish the semester, officially graduate and start working for mom. Come on, let's not delay things any longer.
That is me wearing the same jacket, but in different periods in time. This is how much I've changed over the course of four years.I still see the same little gullible girl despite the obvious physical changes. Time indeed passes by so very fast.
I will be a year older tomorrow.
I will make sure my next coming birthdays are properly documented. It is imperative we keep little treasures like these in our life. Looking back to what had transpired in our life is always fun to do. My mother tells me it's like a measuring stick of how much we've overcome certain challenges in life.
Got some money yesterday. The first few hundreds were spent on having my eye brows threaded. Get your eye brows threaded every month, ladies. It does wonders to the face.
__________

ULTRA COOL STAND ELECTRIC MIXER (Preferably. Kitchen Aid Brand). They also come in different colors. I've seen black, silver, white, green and orange. It's so pretty! I want one badly! I don't like the regular hand-mixer anymore for various reasons. It cannot whip as good as stand electric mixer. The whisk attachments (sa hand-mixer) are too thin and it holds a lot of disadvantages. The hand electric mixer can't quite accommodate a large quantity of ingredients. Plus, hand mixers don't have paddle attachments :c
ICE CREAM MAKER Ahh!! THE Ice cream maker! I have been dreaming about this baby for a very long time... Look at it, it's soooo cute! I want to make home-made ice cream. :D Actually, it's the home tv shopping's fault why I got too fascinated with this kitchen tool. Damn, home shopping network, it is giving me frustrations in life, gaaaaah.

POWER JUICER -I bet you want that one, too. Look at the old man's body at that age of 80 something? Would you believe it's because of this juicer? I certainly DO NOT think so. But, hey, if it encourages people to live a healthier lifestyle, why not. Amazing, marketing strategy I tell ya, amaaaazing.
SILICON BAKING SHEET One of the latest innovations in the culinary industry. Instead of buttering your pan when baking, use a silicon baking sheet instead. Why? Everything you placed on top of it, even when melted in the oven, will not stick. And, it saves you from extra fat when the pan is greased.
CAKE/PIE/MUFFIN/BAKING PANS/SHEET I want every size, every shape...EVERYTHING. I am currently practicing my baking prowess hoping someday it will bring me somewhere. I am seriously considering being a pastry chef as a profession. Kahit catering lang on the side, solve na ako. Without baking and cooking, I am nothing. I must thank Sandy Daza for his cooking show, Cooking with the Dazas, which I used to watch when I was a little girl. I barely understood what he was saying, and yet there was still a connection. Naks.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA COOKBOOK I am a huuuuuuge fan of Ina Garten. I love her show, Barefoot Contessa shown in lifestyle channel. Her style of cooking is actually very casual and down to earth which is the reason why I admire her so much. Her approach on cooking is not intimidating, compared to other shows that are too gourmet, which I think is a very mechanical approach or should I say too technical for normal people to understand. Ina Garten makes life simpler for us. :D
ANY DESSERT/BAKING COOK BOOK Any cook book will do. :D I am currently collecting all sorts of cookbooks.

GLADIATOR-INSPIRED SANDALS Damn. I am so in love with these sandals. Mataray tingnan, at hindi masyado madudumihan paa ko. Bagay na bagay ito sa mga Amazonang katulad ko.

KEDS FLATS I am a Keds baby. I love it! I love, love, love flats! Flats forever, baby! Comfort before fashion is my motto in life, and it does get me a loooong way, literally. Comfortable and fashionable, what more could you ask for.

WHITENING STRIPS for the teeth This darling is the reason why my teeth are whiter than the usual Asian teeth. You don't really need to have your teech bleached. This is the cheapest way you can achieve pearly whites. Go on and try it. Don't rely on toothpaste. It doesn't work.
__________
The gladiator sandals? So 2008 indeed. However, 2008 birthday is the best so far in terms of gifts! My amazing brother was able to read the wishlist somewhere, I don't know how but he did, so yeay for me. He bought me a stand mixer. I tear up thinking about it again.
It was a Friday morning and my family and I are all in the sala. My brother was the last to go down stairs and I went to my room upstairs to get ready for school. There was a big, lovely box in my bed. A BIG BOX. I think I shivered at this point as I am a very assuming person. I opened the box and found that he bought me a brand new stand mixer. A BRAND NEW STAND MIXER. My brother bought me A STAND MIXER. For me it feels like having a new car, yes that was big of a deal for me!
Went downstairs all teary-eyed, or really crying with joy and hugged my brother. Said thank you because it was the best gift I've ever received in my entire life! And everyone was crying, my brother was crying, my mother was crying. God, it was like a scene from a movie. Haha. My brother cried. I've never seen him cry. Everyone was practically happy!
My mother on the other hand gave her gift the night before my birthday. She gave me three pairs of gladiator flats. I wore the purple gladiator flats the next day.
In school, my best friend gave me a letter. It is a letter containing lists why I am such an awesome person.She is such a sweetheart. I plastered her letters on my wall. Her letters are my pick-me up and self-esteem boosters whenever I feel down. Then, after lunch my dear friends, Eunice and Gab, suprised me with balloons and crinkles! The whole class saw the surprise as I shouted and cried, gosh I am such a crybaby. After which, the class sang me a birthday song. Which was embarrassing but who cares, my boy crush was singing along.
I felt loved :)
Fast forward to 2009 blog:
__________
Tomorrow I celebrate my twenty-second peaceful existence with Mother Nature. Excitement was not a feeling I associate with the day, nor do I expect friends to greet me and make me special. Simple act of kindness on random days are more sincere and appreciable than expressing certain degree of kindness to a person just because the occasion calls for it. So tomorrow, I will let myself live like any normal ordinary days. Don't get me wrong, any extraordinary events and thoughtfulness are most welcome, and it doesn't really hurt when even mere acquaintances recognize your social existence. But okay fine, I at least expect yummy treats tomorrow, geez I'm not that much of a hypocrite.
Meanwhile, today is October 2 and Joey celebrates his twenty-third birthday. One of my wishes is to blow a birthday candle with him at exactly 12 midnight between October 2 and 3. The idea is so adorable and it sort of means something symbolic to me. The next coming years I hope to spend it with him. Also, when I have the funds, I want to cook and host a party for friends. Home-cooked meals are better than treat friends out to some fancy restaurant, and this way I can save more money, or offer more alcoholic drinks for the adults! Rowdy behaviour are also allowed in house parties. The freer, the wilder, the happier people are! :D
The week was so fleeting the only significant happening I could remember was donating two plastic full of clothes. Other than that, I also got to spend the night at Patz's with Cissy and Maine. The night was alcohol-free and pretty much wholesome as we watched some barkada video archives, dating as far back as 5 years. Midnight until dawn, the three of us watched Kraft instant dessert recipes in YouTube and tortured ourselves to sleep. When I woke up, I immediately rummaged through Patz's fridge and looked for chocolates to nibble on.
My face was never pimply but one large pimple resurfaced at the center of my universe, and it had to show up on my birthday. Santa should consider hiring me in case Rudolf backs out on December.
Some pre-birthday thoughts:
--I don't feel like my age, nor do I feel any older. How should a twenty-two year old act like anyway?
--I don't look any older, and that's a good thing, right?
--I know what I want, but that dream will be put on hold
--I want to move out at the age of 25
The world is crazier than the usual and it feels like certain routines are interrupted. Balance is something I should aim for at the end of this madness and focus on things that needs to be done and over with as soon as possible. Life begins at the end of this tunnel and man, I should really gear up for battle. Yeehaw.
I can't believe I'm about to say this but.. I want to go to back to school, finish the semester, officially graduate and start working for mom. Come on, let's not delay things any longer.
That is me wearing the same jacket, but in different periods in time. This is how much I've changed over the course of four years.I still see the same little gullible girl despite the obvious physical changes. Time indeed passes by so very fast.
I will be a year older tomorrow.
__________
Can someone please remind me how my 2009 birthday went? I am usually good with remembering events, but somehow there are no accounts of my birthday in my blogs or in any of my social networking sites.
Can someone please remind me how my 2009 birthday went? I am usually good with remembering events, but somehow there are no accounts of my birthday in my blogs or in any of my social networking sites.
I will make sure my next coming birthdays are properly documented. It is imperative we keep little treasures like these in our life. Looking back to what had transpired in our life is always fun to do. My mother tells me it's like a measuring stick of how much we've overcome certain challenges in life.
Got some money yesterday. The first few hundreds were spent on having my eye brows threaded. Get your eye brows threaded every month, ladies. It does wonders to the face.

i love looking at all the pictures on your blog! hehe. I totally agree, getting your eyebrows done definitely does wonders on the face.
ReplyDeletemy kitchen aid mixer is my favorite tool in the kitchen!! you'll love it!
ReplyDeletestayfabulous,
zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com
A great blog you've got here :)) I'd like to invite you to my blog, not only because I think you might be interested in it, but also because I am currently having a great giveaway and I think you might like to participate :)) More details about the giveaway here:
ReplyDeletehttp://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-birthday-giveaway.html
Have a fantastic day :))
xx
if you purchase a kitchenaide sometimes an icecream churner is included to the package...
ReplyDelete