Monday Felt Like a Sunday (Because it's a Holiday!) & Latest Thrift Buys

I was supposed to buy a pair of Oxfords in Trunk Show last Friday. It was a choice between buying shoes or having a haircut, but I did none of those. My friend Paul said my long hair is great as it is. He said I look model-ly (I love you for saying that, Paul!) with my current hair. If I had my hair styled and layered I would look generic sooooo.. yeah, I'm staying with my hair as of the moment. Meanwhile, Trunk Show didn't have oxfords with 1) the color that I like (brown) and 2) my size. SO! I decided to treat Paul and I DQ ice cream since I didn't spend on anything.

The next day, I went to a *secret thrift shop* just because I find it therapeutic to be in one. I am a self-confessed thrift shop addict because I buy clothes not out of necessity but out of pure & raw want! It's like a gluttony of some sort where you eat even with a full stomach! My closet is overloaded with clothes, you have nooo idea. Anywaaayyy,  I didn't even intend on buying anything but when I looked in one corner, the heavens opened and I saw a spotlight pointed at these shoes:
 It was the perfect first pair of Oxfords! Then I asked the lady how much it is and she said P480.00 ($10.50) but we can haggle it down to P350.00 (approximately $8.00). I nodded because I thought it was a pretty good bargain. I handed her a 500 peso bill and then she  gave out my change which was P200. Wait, WHAT?! P200?! She was supposed to give me a change of P150 but I didn't ask why because she might take it back! haha! Yes. Those oxfords costed me P300 ($6.50) instead of P480. I was sooo pleased! 

To top it all off, this was the exact oxfords with the color I wanted and the quality was Italia (because a friend told me shoes from Italy are of magnificent quality). Yeay! Good thing I didn't buy shoes from Trunk Show! :3

I also made some Banoffee Pie because I was bored and I wanted something sweet *and because my brother financed the ingredients hehehe* :)
If you have cans of condensed milk lying around your house and you are craving for caramel (also called dulce de leche in Mexican food lingo) then do the following:

Method 1: in a deep pot, put your unopened can of condensed milk, fill it up with water totally covering the cans and boil for 4 hours 

or

Method 2: put your unopened cans of condensed milk in a pot full of water (make sure it is totally covering the cans) then pressure cook them for 2 hours

You'll have this at the end:
YUM. This yummy caramelized condensed milk or dulce de leche works great with vanilla ice cream and a topping for apple pie :) :)

And... another jumpshot photo (I can't get enough of 'em) because Paul taught me about how to use the ISO when doing jumpshots with my camera hehehehe



Comments

  1. i saw a similar pair in a thrift store in antipolo... but it didn't fit me! too small. too bad 'cause it only costs 250!!!! my galllllly! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the jumping photo very much!

    The photo quality was great and may I add that you look good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. geat buy! :D that pair was meant for you! :P thats the reeason why you havent buy the day after! wow! and ohhw! that banoffee pie is yummy! ;p im craving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. credits to patrick santos i presume :P nakita ko yung comment mo sa status niya nung gagawa siya ng banoffee pie. i tasted it just yesterday and after almost 2 weeks, it still tastes good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the shoes! and that cake looks delicious. I have to try the recipe, I`m always craving for something sweet.xx

    http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhmmmmm girrrrrrrlfrieeeeend i am loveing those shoes <3 ahahah and you know what, nobody said shit when i wore 2 different shoes...aahah, i just got double gl;ances at my feet, but meh,they hating.ahahaha,. lovesyou.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for your comment! :)
    the pie looks SOO good! and yours shoes are super cute. you take the best jumping pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that last pict is amazing! i'm totally loving your oxfords too!

    thanks for you sweet sweet comments by the way!!!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what great kicks!!! such a good find

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool shoes and yummy dessert!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where is that *secret ukay place* WHERE????? :)
    love the shooess. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Dani! It's inside a mall called Sta. Lucia in Cainta. They converted the old cinema house into a MEGA thrift store! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts