A Thing or Two I Learned about Cocktail Dresses + Daily Outfit
I attended a big event yesterday at NBC Tent. It is called the PLDT MVP Bossing (Boss) Awards Night where PLDT awards SMEs (small and medium enterprises) which are doing great with the business and gives us Filipino pride because of the quality of products/services they make/support. We were specifically asked to wear a cocktail dress, since after all, it was a formal event. And cocktail dresses are new for me. I mean, it would be easy to say wear a cocktail dress in ordinary parties but this, geeez, who doesn't get pressured when the event is strictly invitational as Presidents, CEOs, VP are the invitees in the event. Plus it's a formal function plus it's business so my cocktail dress should still be decent.
Once again I crammed finding a cocktail dress to wear. It was a last minute thing when I decided to wear this black dress I have in my closet forever, which was too long. The day of the event itself, I had it cut and altered! I DIDN'T BUY A NEW ONE BECAUSE I WAS COST (thanks, anonymous) CUTTING. So there.
Lesson learned: Wearing stuff for events like these should be planned ahead!!! OMG! So here are the things I learned about formal events and choosing the right attire for the occassion:
1) Know what kind of event you are in
2) Plan ahead what you want to wear! Search the internet for fashion inspiration!
3) You can make do with what you have in your closet OR buy a new one (entirely your choice, really)
4) ACCESSORIES MAKE A HELL OF A LOT DIFFERENCE to formalize (?) your outfit (or oomph it)! The essential must have is diamond or pearl earrings. It's a classic! It's a must!
5) Know what make-up you want. Again, research research research
6) Know what kind of hair do you want
7) bottom line is: PREPARE, as in WEEKS AHEAD.
Since I crammed what I wore and everything, I looked like this in the event. I was pretty normal looking, nothing special which is why I cropped my face hehe. OR I GUESS I AM NOT POSTING BECAUSE I SUDDENLY CHANGED MY MIND. HOHO.
Outfit on a casual Friday!
Outfit detail:
Grey G2000 polo - gift from Charlie
Black inner shirt - Divisoria
Skirt - thrifted
Black waist belt - SM Department Store
Oxfords - thrifted
Still resorting to indoor shots until a friend decides to take photos of me in cute backgrounds *ehem* I still don't have the courage to roam the city of Ortigas with my tripod and shoot away in public places. HELL TO THE NO!
I am investing on the following! MINERAL MAKE-UP!! Because I am 23 years old and I need some serious woman make-up stuff! I shall leave behind my LOOSE JOHNSON & JOHNSONS POWDER and BENCH CHEEKTINT. Lol.
No buying of clothes first. I shall give away clothes to close friends, or sell them because I need extra moolah ;) but I am giving a lot of stuff because I need space in my closet and because I'm just really a nice gal, y'know (*.*,)
Once again I crammed finding a cocktail dress to wear. It was a last minute thing when I decided to wear this black dress I have in my closet forever, which was too long. The day of the event itself, I had it cut and altered! I DIDN'T BUY A NEW ONE BECAUSE I WAS COST (thanks, anonymous) CUTTING. So there.
Lesson learned: Wearing stuff for events like these should be planned ahead!!! OMG! So here are the things I learned about formal events and choosing the right attire for the occassion:
1) Know what kind of event you are in
2) Plan ahead what you want to wear! Search the internet for fashion inspiration!
3) You can make do with what you have in your closet OR buy a new one (entirely your choice, really)
4) ACCESSORIES MAKE A HELL OF A LOT DIFFERENCE to formalize (?) your outfit (or oomph it)! The essential must have is diamond or pearl earrings. It's a classic! It's a must!
5) Know what make-up you want. Again, research research research
6) Know what kind of hair do you want
7) bottom line is: PREPARE, as in WEEKS AHEAD.
Since I crammed what I wore and everything, I looked like this in the event. I was pretty normal looking, nothing special which is why I cropped my face hehe. OR I GUESS I AM NOT POSTING BECAUSE I SUDDENLY CHANGED MY MIND. HOHO.
Outfit on a casual Friday!
Outfit detail:
Grey G2000 polo - gift from Charlie
Black inner shirt - Divisoria
Skirt - thrifted
Black waist belt - SM Department Store
Oxfords - thrifted
Still resorting to indoor shots until a friend decides to take photos of me in cute backgrounds *ehem* I still don't have the courage to roam the city of Ortigas with my tripod and shoot away in public places. HELL TO THE NO!
I am investing on the following! MINERAL MAKE-UP!! Because I am 23 years old and I need some serious woman make-up stuff! I shall leave behind my LOOSE JOHNSON & JOHNSONS POWDER and BENCH CHEEKTINT. Lol.
No buying of clothes first. I shall give away clothes to close friends, or sell them because I need extra moolah ;) but I am giving a lot of stuff because I need space in my closet and because I'm just really a nice gal, y'know (*.*,)



cross cutting or cost cutting? :D
ReplyDeletecost cutting thanks! :)
ReplyDelete1. I love the Oxfords, and the color, too!
ReplyDelete2. I want to see a photo of you in that improvised cocktail dress! :p
3. I use J & J too, and my Penshoppe cheek tint. Reading your post makes me want to say goodbye to them too. But not now, maybe when I'm 25. Haha!
Love your outfit, love the skirt so much! <3 Followed you, hope you visit mine..:)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mickey
your outfit is so cute!! you are so funny about my eyes, when i was in asia people kept staring at me, it was strange lol. you have totally beautiful eyes too!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the tips, my dear. I completely agree. Sometimes, I wish some stylist is on call to dress me up - all the time! =)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your super sweet comments at 20YS! I was a bit worried of going to the Fashion Show, I wanted to at least fit in!
besos,
Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:
20 YORK STREET
love your skirt! so pretty!
ReplyDeletestainsintheuniform.blogspot.com
what a cute skirt!
ReplyDeletehttp://deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com/